Accidental Find

You were running through the dark forest, away from the two men chasing you. You had your crossbow thrown over your shoulder. You had to be weary of your surroundings, not wanting to run into a walker by accident. The men chasing you were fast, but you were faster. Maybe even smarter. But that didn't mean you could run forever, you were getting tired, and fast. A tree, that would be perfect, climb into a tree. You do as your mind told you, and you climb the nearest tree. You pull yourself up, grabbing each branch as you go. Once on a strong branch, you slowly sit back, letting out a deep sigh of relief.

While sitting there, you felt something warm and soft against your back, and was it breathing too? You quickly jerk forward, about to scream, until a hand covers your mouth and another holds your waist. You struggle for a moment, until you hear the two men below the tree you were in. You calm down, and slowly lean back, turning your head to face the person who kept you quiet.

It was a scruffy man, with deep blue eyes, and brown hair. All he did was gaze at you, with those crystal eyes. He released his hold on you, and reached back to grab his crossbow off his back. Although he kept one hand on your waist, to keep you from falling out of the tree. "Aint ya lucky to have run into me." He said, his country accent was thick, husky, and hella sexy.

You looked down at his hand, and then back up to his face, your heart was thumping in your head. He had scared you, you were caught off guard, not focusing on everything around you. He could've been a walker, then you would have been done with. "I guess so.." You mumbled under your breath, still in some slight shock.

"Who were those men?" He asked, setting his crossbow on his back again, before scanning the area beneath them.

"Looters, they wanted my bow." You said, clearing your mind and determining that you couldn't stay here forever. "I guess I should go." You mumbled, hopping down from the tree, and looking through the forest, it was getting close to getting dark.

There was a thump behind you, signaling that he had jumped down from the tree as well. "So who are ya with? Or you are alone?" He asked, looking through the trees, while waiting for an answer.

"Alone." You say, turning and looking at him. "You?" You ask, walking behind him, and examining his bow.

He turned and faced you, squinting his eyes, giving you an almost menacing look, or maybe that is how he always looks. "Got a group." He says huskily. He leaned back, almost standing in a way to puff his chest out. He was a lot taller than you. Your head could fit perfectly beneath his chin.

You sigh and nod, "Well, stay alive.. Or whatever." You mumble, starting to walk away. He continues to eye you, watching as you slowly tread off.

"Wait." He says, loud enough for you to hear. You look back at him, with a questioning look. He tilted his head, as if motioning for you to follow him, as he starts to walk of into a different direction.

You quickly catch up to him, walking beside him. "Where are we going?" You ask, looking around the area as you walk, making sure there are no walkers coming at you.

He grunted in response, and continued to walk. Until you both made it to a prison, your eyes widening at the sight. You stay close to him, while gaping at the large fences. "Wow.." You whisper under your breath.

He leads you to the front gate, where people open the gate for you both. He walks you in, once in, another guy points a gun to your head. "Who is she?" He asks angrily. You take a step back, your eyes grow in fear.

"I-I'm Y/N.." You say quickly, stuttering in the process, you were nervous. The man lowers his gun, but keeps his angry look.

"Are you alone?" He asks, leaning closer to you. You quickly nod your head. The same guy who you ran into, puts his arm around your waist.

"I'm Daryl." He says into your ear. Then looks up at the other man. "I found her, and she is alone. She could be useful." Daryl says reassuringly.

The man sighs, "Then she is your responsibility." He says to Daryl. "I'm Rick." Rick says, reaching his hand out for you to shake. In which you nervously reach forward and shake his hand.

You simply nod your head to him. Daryl and Rick lead you inside the prison where others were already asleep.

Rick sighed, "You can have the cell up there." He said pointing to a cell up the stairs. "I guess you have to meet the others in the morning. Get some rest." He said calmly, and then walked to his cell.

Daryl smiled at you, "Go ahead, sunshine. I'll be up there on the pad if you need me." He says quietly, while walking up to his place of rest. You go to your cell, plopping down on the bottom bunk, it had been a while since you got to sleep in a proper bed, but you were cold. Which wasn't the best, since there wasn't a blanket here.

You laid awake, shivering. You didn't really know what to do. You sighed lightly, and sat up. You were frustrated, not being able to sleep. It was cold in this stone prison cell. You stood up, and silently walked to Daryl's pad. He seemed to be sleeping, his arm over his face. You sat down beside him, and gently lifted his blanket, in which you slid beneath. You instantly felt warm, his body heat made it warmer under the blanket. You laid down, you couldn't really reach the pillow, but you didn't want to wake him, so you just laid your head on the ground.

He chuckled lowly, "What the hell are ya doin?" He asked in a whisper. This caused you to jerk with shock.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" You whispered back.

"I was never asleep." He said calmly, moving his arm off his face.

"Sorry." You mumbled quietly, while sitting up. He grabbed your wrist.

"Where do ya think you're goin?" He asked, pulling you on top of him. "I don't like cuddling, but you're cold, so stay with me." He said, moving his arms around your waist. Your chest was against his stomach, and you laid your head down on his chest. You could hear the calm heart beat of Daryl Dixon. He sighed lightly, "And don't mention this to anyone, or you'll have an arrow through your skull." He threatened.

You nodded slowly, your body began to feel weak as you slowly fell asleep in his arms. He too began sleeping.