Chapter 17

The day after, at the Navy Yard, Bishop and Torres started talking with the others about the dinner. 'A dinner?' McGee asked, getting off the elevator with Nick and Ellie. 'Yes' she answered. 'Have you already have any plan?' Nick asked. 'No, it's just... is there anything to celebrate? Did I forget a birthday?' he asked, sitting at his own desk. 'No, McGee, no birthdays. I'm happy to be at work again, and I want to celebrate it' 'Well, this is a good reason. Is Delilah invited too?' 'Yes, of course'. 'Hey man' Nick said, seeing Clayton. 'Hi man' 'Tonight, at Bishop's house. Dinner' 'I'll be there'. 'Good morning' Gibbs said, entering the squad room. 'Hey boss' Tim said. Ellie immediately got his intention. 'Oh, McGee, I have to talk with you!' 'Yes, Bishop. But wait. I have to...' 'I know, but I have to talk with you. Now.' 'Ok'. They both went to the break room.
'Tell me' 'Don't talk to Gibbs about the dinner. Or to Vance' 'Why?' 'Because'. He seemed confused. 'Okay, but you're weird' 'Now, I go downstairs, to Abby and Jimmy. You, keep your mouth shut. - she said, but she noticed she was rude - Please'. She smiled. 'Now I'm scared too' 'Don't be, McGee. You're a strong man'. She leaned an hand on his shoulder, before going away.
There wasn't a case, so the team spent the day at the Navy Yard. They left the office, and everyone went to the car. 'Hey, Bishop. An hour?' McGee asked, from his car. 'Okay, Tim'.

At home, Bishop dropped her bag and went to the kitchen to drink a glass of water. 'Hey, are you tired?' Nick asked, going towards her. 'No, just nervous. This dinner is important.' 'It's gonna be alright, B.'. He put his hands on her shoulders, starting to make a massage. She felt her muscles relaxing. 'Your hands... are golden' 'Yeah, I'm a talented guy. But I'm modest' 'Sure you are. Well, I'd like to stay here, but I gotta prepare myself'. She turned around. 'What? You're perfect'. She smiled and placed a kiss on his lips. 'Thanks, but I'll put on something different' 'Okay, I prepare the table. And the dinner'. 'Thanks'.
After a while, Bishop went in front of the mirror, looking at herself. He heard the heels and gave her a quick glance. 'Wow' 'Nick, I'm not ready'. But she was. 'You're stunning' 'Thanks' she kindly said. 'Come here' he suggested. She walked in her red dress, which emphasized her perfect body. 'What?' she asked, in front of him. He kissed her. 'Oh' she commented. He caressed her hair, looking at her. But someone rang at the door. Nick seemed disappointed. 'Don't worry, we have time'. It was Clayton and Sloane. 'Hey, Clay, Jack' Bishop said, smiling. 'Ellie, hi. You're amazing' 'He's right, Bishop' 'Thanks. Please, come in'. After a while Jimmy, Abby, Tim and Delilah arrived too.
They all sat down, starting eating and talking about the last news.