Chapter No. 8

Reganne's POV

‘I can’t hear you.’

My eyes widened in realization.

He’s deaf, isn’t he?

“Apparently there was trauma to his head and he might be deaf… forever,” Lauren said as she walked in, “I tried to tell you this before. When I asked him questions he didn’t answer because he couldn’t hear me.”

“W-what? How?” I asked and took a back as though I was slapped.

“Cameron,” I said to him, even though he couldn’t hear me, “I want you to know that however long this may take, I will be right here waiting for you; helping you get through it.”

Silence.

Not that I expected him to answer anyway.

No matter what, I will help him through this.

He’s my friend and I would do anything to ensure his health and safety, same goes for my other friends, of course.

“I won’t give up, and I won’t let you either.” I said and he slightly tilted his head, as though he were trying to hear me.

“Cameron, we're all here for you, just know that.”

Silence.

“Every life it worth living, and you aren't allowed to give up on it. Not yet.”

Silence.

“Life is like a cliff. Sometimes you're at the top living and enjoying life, and the next thing you know, you're tumbling off the edge of the cliff and landing at the bottom.”

Silence.

“Sometimes life may seem hopeless, but it's not. You can always find a way to the top of the cliff again. No matter how hard life may seem, no matter how difficult the world it, no matter how troublesome things are, you can always find a way to climb back up and get to the top of the cliff.”

This time, I got an answer.

He shook his head, looked me in the eye, and said, “I won’t give up. Not yet.”

I nearly exploded with joy.

“You--- you heard me!” I exclaimed happily.

“My ears are still ringing, but I think it’ll go away soon. I still can't hear very well though.” He said.

“I’m just happy you're okay!” I exclaimed and hugged him.

(Sigherra’s POV)

“Ah, young love.” I whispered to Zoro and we burst into a fit of laughter.

“I heard that!” Reganne exclaimed and spun around to face us.

“We heard every word you said to Cameron,” Crystal said, “It was sweet. It’s definitely influential and heart-warming to hear.”

“Did you practice that?” Dabi asked.

“Sounds original.” Blizzy said.

“What are we gonna do about Ein?” A small voice asked, and we turned to see Polar standing in the corner away from everyone.

“Get over here gurl! You're still part of the group!” Dabi exclaimed and pulled her to us.

“You guys should go. I need my rest. Besides, you have school again since this whole thing is over.” Cameron said and we left.

“Do we really have to go back to school?” Crystal and Violet complained as we got a cab back to school.

“Yes, you two. Now stop complaining.” I said as the cab pulled up in front of the school.