Every Flavored Beans

A young Albus Dumbledore dragged his luggage behind him onto the streets of Godric's Hollow. He had graduated from Hogwarts and could feel that this summer would be different than any before.

Albus was planning on travelling the world with a friend from school but had to decline due to his mother's unexpected death. This left Albus the head of his family.

His father had been sent to Azkaban for attacking a few muggle boys. His sister Ariana had a certain condition that she couldn't control. And his brother Aberforth still had a few years left at Hogwarts. Everything was on Albus' shoulders. Which meant everyone counted on Albus to make the right choices.

Albus, Aberforth, and a few of their family friends stood at Kendra Dumbledore's grave. Albus was still having trouble believing that his mother was dead.

"Albus, Aberforth, I am so sorry about your mother's death. She was far too young to die." Bathilda Bagshot had told them as she put a hand on Albus' shoulder. She now spoke directly to Albus, "Later if you have the time it would be wonderful if you could come over for tea. There's someone who I would like you to meet. I think you could make great friends."

"Yes. Thank you, Miss Bagshot. I will come when I have time." Albus responded kindly.

"Take as much time as you need, dear. I understand that this is a sad day for everyone who knew Kendra," said Bathilda.

"Thank you, Miss Bagshot. Our mother would have wanted you here." Aberforth replied. "Albus, we should go." He whispered in his brother's ear.

"You can, but I think it's best to stay and pay your respects. Mother would have wanted that."

"What about Ariana? We can't just leave her all alone. We can't let something like this happen again. I've already paid my respects. I think instead of going to Bagshot's for tea you should come help with Ariana." Aberforth disagreed.

"Miss Bagshot." Albus corrected. "I'm still going to go over there. I'm sure you can handle Ariana your self, Aberforth."

Aberforth quickly left the funeral without another word. He and Albus had never really seen eye to eye.

"Albus, I'm glad you could come!" Bathilda said as she opened the door for Albus. He stepped into the small house. He was lead into the drawing room where a young boy around his age sat.

The young Gellert Grindelwald had dirty blonde hair that hung at shoulder length, and his blue eyes flashed from his tea up towards Albus. He smiled widely.

Albus sat across from Gellert.

"I'll let you two talk while I make some tea." Bathilda left the room. Leaving Albus and Gellert in silence.

"I'm Grindelwald, Gellert Grindelwald."

"Pleasure to meet you. My name is Albus Dumbledore."

The two boys shook hands.

"How do you know Miss Bagshot?" Albus asked.

"Well, she is my great aunt actually. I asked to come to stay here after... well, Durmstrang." Gellert replied nervously.

"I didn't know she had a great nephew. So, you went to Durmstrang?"

"Yes. I hear you know most of the notable wizards of today. Is that true?"

"Yes, including your aunt." Albus paused for a moment as he saw the strange symbol Gellert was wearing around his neck. "The deathly hallows. Are you a believer?"

"I'm impressed you know about them! Of course, I believe in them, it would only make so much sense. I've been fascinated with the hallows ever since I was a young child." Gellert admitted.

"I think we may just have a lot in common then! Perhaps we could find them together!" Albus said proudly.

"Yes, we sure can!"

They both smiled brightly at each other. This was the adventure of their great adventure. An adventure to greatness. But alas, we only know that this journey is like a pack of Bertie Bott's Every Flavoured Beans: you never know what you're going to get!