"That was uncalled for." She said as she entered the car.

"Aisha, please start this car and get me out of here." I answered. She sighed and started the car, honking at the gate man to open the gate.

Aisha was the gentle one. She always tried make peace, giving several reasons why I shouldn't act the way I did. I also had a hundred and ten reasons why I was acting that way.

☆☆☆☆

Aisha drove into the large school compound and parked in an empty parking space. I didn't get down immediately, I still had some time before the assembly started. Aisha turned to me,

"You always don't want to talk about it." She told me.

"I never want to talk about it. It makes me feel weak, and I am definitely not weak." I told her.

"You sharing a problem doesn't make you weak. Your attitude towards dad and mum is not getting better and your relationship with them is falling apart." Aisha argued. I wanted to reply but the shrill sound of the bell interrupted me.

"I have to go. Don't come and pick me, I will find my way home." I told her.

"It's okay. Be good." She hugged me.

I got down from the car and ran towards the assembly hall. The chapel supervisor was already leading the morning prayer and singing worship songs. Soon after that the Principal, Mrs Akinkunmi, came to admonish us and later dismissed everyone.

I looked around for my best friends and I spotted Lyla in the distance. I screamed her name and she turned, screaming as she ran towards me. I met her half way and we enveloped each other in a bear hug, not caring if other students were watching.

"I have missed you so much." She squealed in her usual baby voice. I feigned a frown and folded my hand across my chest.

"You missed me? You got back from the States and didn’t even tell me." I countered.

"Zee…I'm so sorry. I was really tired on Saturday when I got back and I was busy yesterday. I am so sorry, please forgive me." Her lips folded in a pout and she batted her lashes at me like a baby doll. I laughed and pulled her into another hug.

"I'm just kidding. Look at you, you have become fatter o or should I say curvier?" I winked at her. She giggled and slapped my hand.

"So I am invisible." A voice came from behind. Lyla and I turned and saw our third friend, Adaora. We hugged again.

We had been friends since forever and we were practically inseparable. Although Adaora was more outgoing and exposed than Lyla and I, we loved her.

We made our way to our new class at the top floor since we were in SSS2 now, Lyla and Ada were in the science class while I was in the technical class.

In addition to my academic excellence that couldn’t be rivaled, I also engaged myself in various sporting activities; handball, basketball, and lawn tennis. The long row of trophies and medals in my room proved my expertise in the field.

Ada's voice pierced through my thoughts,

"That's the new guy I was talking about." She jerked her head subtly towards the back seat as we entered the class.

"Who?" I asked, clearly lost.

"You didn't listen to anything I said, did you?" Ada raised her brows at me.

"My mind wasn't here." I shrugged.

"Mama mia! That's one fine ass boy." I heard Lyla whistle. I followed her gaze and my eyes landed on the most handsome guy I had ever seen. Charles, a friend of ours, was talking to him, probably asking him a billion questions. Though he was handsome and looked like a smaller version of Thor, I don't like him.

"I heard his name is Joel, Joel Bamidele. His Dad is the CEO of Bams Minerals, that big company that just opened on the island. His mum is British and he has lived in England almost all his life till he wanted to start secondary school and his dad decided to have them relocate back to Nigeria. He had his JSS1 to SS 1 in Abuja and they just moved to Lagos this summer." Ada rapped. I chuckled, the girl never misses anything.

"How did you know all of this?" Lyla asked her.

"I did my research. Besides, when you want to have someone, you need to know everything about them right?" Ada bit her lower lip seductively and looked at Joel like he was a piece of meat in a pot of stew. My eyes widened when I realized what she meant.

"Ada! He is New!" I yelled loud enough for just the three of us to hear.

"And he is hot, he is my dream guy. Have you seen his eyes? Green… They are beautiful like the mother nature itself and I heard he got it from his British mum. Have you heard his British accent?  Oh God... It's so sexy!" Ada moaned quietly.

Lyla gave her a girl-you’re-going-crazy look. "So you want to play this one too, abi?" Lyla scoffed.

"Nope, I am keeping this one. He is all mine. I’m going to introduce myself to him." She started to adjust her shirt, she removed her blazer and dumped it in Lyla's hand who in turn dropped it in my hand. "How do I look?" She asked us.

"Like Cinderella..." Lyla started. Ada started to grin but it was short-lived when Lyla added "...before the bi bi di ba bi di bo." I closed my mouth to suppress the laughter.

"Bad belle (Hater)." Ada hissed loudly.

"I don't see the reason for doing this, it's not like the guy is any different from us." I scoffed.

"Na you sabi (It's you that know)" Ada said and started to walk off.

"Hopefully she doesn't embarrass herself." Lyla mumbled beside me.

"You are talking like you don't know Ada." I huffed. I looked up to see if she was making any progress and unsurprisingly, she was. She was holding his hand in a shake and he was smiling at her.

As if sensing that someone was watching him, he looked up and his green eyes met mine. He was still talking to Ada but his eyes were locked with mine and he wasn't willing to stop staring. He raised a brow with a smirk on his lips.

Who the hell does he think he is? Is he trying to intimidate me? I think not!

I eyed him and hissed before walking to my seat, deciding immediately that I didn’t like him, not one bit.

A/N

Chapter 1 updated!!! Happy dance time💃💃💃. I had to think of this chapter so much before I could write it. I had a little help from a friend I met not too long ago. lhonesatrrh This girl is just too much mhen.
Baby girl I heart you gidii.

Please don't forget to vote. Kisses and kisses to all of you my lovelies. 😘😘😘

Thanks _dawrites for the edit. You are certainly the best