Chapter 2 - THE REUNION

Start from the beginning

Beca:
Then why the hurry? You just got engaged!

Chloe:
Okay, calm down.
So you know Chicago's been back from Iran three months ago, right? Actually, that's all the time he has to spend out of base and two weeks from now he needs to go back.

Beca:
Then why not wait until the next time he can have his break?

Chloe:
That was actually the plan. But just this week we came to visit his parents and when we told them we were engaged, his grandfather insisted that we get married ASAP!

Beca:
Why?

Chloe saddenly felt sad.

Chloe:
Chicago's grandfather is dying, Beca. And he means so much to him. He's literally been there for Chicago so much more than his dad. If we waited for another six months, his grandfather might not make it.

There was silence as Beca didn't know what to say.

Chloe:
Beca, are you still there?

Beca:
Yes, I'm still here. And you're right! This wedding needs to happen! So, see you next week then.

Chloe finally let out a sigh of relief. With Beca's confirmation, the Bellas will all be coming to her wedding. A big smile formed in her face.

-------------

New York

When Beca reentered the studio, Theo could immediately tell something was up.

Theo:
Is everything cool?

Beca just gave him a blank stare without saying anything.

Theo:
Hello? Earth to Beca?

Suddenly, Beca's face brightened up, first in her eyes then it went to the smile on her lips.

Theo:
What's happening? You're acting kind of weird.

Beca:
Theo, you lucky turtle. I might just have the way to sign you that contract.

Theo:
What? How?

Theo was obviously surprised but Beca was already all over the studio, gathering her stuff.

Beca:
I don't know. Just going with my gut. I'll be off for a week.

Theo:
A week? Woah woah. You haven't had a single break in two years and now you're telling me you'll be off for a week? What's happening?

Beca was about to step out of the studio but before she did, she looked back at Theo and gave him the biggest smile he has ever seen.

Beca:
Chloe's getting married.

-------------
Four Seasons Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia

-------------Four Seasons HotelAtlanta, Georgia