Then six months ago came our other little miracle, a girl Alyssa. She is beautiful, and healthy, and a good baby. Jacob loves his role as big brother and takes it very seriously. My life is perfect. Looking at my husband, I still hear my friends joke about us. They used to call us the Energizer couple. I had to agree. After 8 years of marriage and two kids, the spark, the flame is still there. We had to slow our roll a little due to the kids, but we still had it bad for each other.

"What would you do? Not to sound like an ass, but you haven't worked in a while." He said, carefully, I might add. Many an argument has started over the "you don't work" comment.

"Do you remember Brad from next door? He said he was looking for a bartender for nights at his restaurant. I could do that." Michael gave me a flat look before stating his opinion on that.

"Tori, you haven't ever been a bartender before."

" I know, but it would probably be a bunch of beer orders and I can get an app on my phone for the mixed drinks. Jeannie has two!" I stated, starting to feel excited about it.

"Jeanie's a drunk." He teased, showing me a little dimple. Damn those dimples! She isn't really a drunk, but she does hit the town once a week. Hey, single gal, no kids, don't blame her. Michael just likes to tease. He even calls me a drunk if I have one glass of wine.

"So states the man who would drink beer as he's getting ready to drink beer." I put out there sarcastically. He gave me a grin. Dimples! He stopped drinking the moment I got pregnant and I literally have to threaten to sic divorce lawyers on him, if he doesn't take me out. His theory, he can have a good time at home with his family. He doesn't need alcohol. I have to agree.

"A trial then, if you can't handle it, promise, no matter how much we need the money, quit." He said, looking me deep in my eyes. I quickly nodded an answer, putting him at ease.

"Well, now that all the unpleasantness is taken care of, why don't we take this party to our room?" I tried to say provocatively, while walking out of the kitchen, twitching my hips a little extra as I turned the corner.

"Yes, ma'am!" He quietly shouted, trying hard to not wake the kids as he all but ran after me!

*Damon P.O.V*

I've been pouring over the maps for what seemed like days, trying to pinpoint where the pack of rogues would be going next. Damn it, it should be clear to me. I'm Alpha of the strongest pack in the northwest and I can't find a small pack of rogues?! A knock sounded on the door, interrupting the growl of frustration that I was about to let loose.

"Come" I yelled, pitying the poor soul who interrupted.

"Don't growl at me mister! You may be all mighty alpha, but I'm your almighty sister!" She snapped at me. I looked up, erasing my scowl. Sure enough, it was Brielle, my sister. In she walked with a plate of food, probably for me.

"Sorry, it's just frustrating that I can't find them." Looking up at her, I had to blink and stare a few times. What happened to time? It seemed like just yesterday the woman who stood before me was a little girl in dirty ripped dresses, wild brown hair in ratty pigtails. The very same little "general" that would ride my back, wave a spoon like a proud sword, calling battle cries in the air. Now she is all grown up at eighteen, her clothes immaculate and of the latest trends, at least by what she tells me, and her hair perfectly styled in a French braid, her hair flowing down her back like a chocolate rope. Yes, she's his sister, but with the 15 year age gap between them, she was almost like a daughter to him. She'll find her mate soon and start her own family soon, and he will be alone. He looked away to hide the water gathering in his eyes.

"Here, eat this and go rest. You might have a clearer head when you look again, and you'll find your answers." She murmured softly, placing the plate in front of me. She smiled away the concern in her eyes and walked towards the door.

"Oh, and take a shower, the flies are starting to gather." She teased with a laugh out the door.

"Brat!" I yelled back. Chuckling to myself, I rubbed at the days' growth of stubble on my face. She was right. I ate the plate in front of me quickly and headed to my quarters on the third floor. A clear head, I could use that.

After a shower and a good night's sleep I headed back to my office, determined to solve this rogue business. Hours later, I was interrupted by a call on the pack link.

"Alpha Damon! Rogues are on the western perimeter!" I heard, maybe James, say and I wasted no time. I quickly called for more enforcers over the pack link and yelled at Brielle to stay inside, before running out of the house. Shifting and shredding my clothes in the process, my wolf smiled at the thought of seeing action. There is nothing like a good workout to melt away stress.

A couple hours later, I returned home. Wearing borrowed shorts, I walked calmly towards the Alpha house. A feeling of dread fell on me, and I kicked my senses into high gear. I opened the door slowly and sniffed. Growling, I smelled him. A rogue. In my home. I wasted no time heading to Brielle's room. Empty. I ran down to my office where the rogue's scent was strongest. No one was there but a letter was sitting, new, upon my desk. I ripped it open and read the letter, my blood freezing at what fell out. Brielle's long braid.

"Dear Alpha, I am terribly sorry to have missed you, but your sister was very welcoming. While I will miss my merry band of men you so quickly dispatched, they did prove useful. They distracted you into leaving your home, causing me to get what I wanted. You, on your knees. While I would have preferred your Luna, I believe your sister will get the job done. Tell me, do you love her? See you later. Richard" as I finished the letter I could feel my wolf trying to take over. I'm sure my eyes were black and hard as I growled out my hatred and anger.

"Everyone search the grounds, check every inch of the pack lands until you find Brielle" I yelled through the pack link, sending every ounce of alpha power through it.

"Yes, Alpha" came back to me like a chorus.

It didn't take long to find her. Broken, and battered, and bloodied. I fell to my knees as anguish poured through me, the pack around me bowing and showing their own grief. I yelled my rage and pain into the atmosphere, my cry ending in a howl. Richard had got what he wanted. I was on my knees. The only thing he didn't count on was what I would do when I got off them.