Chapter 5

Bexley's POV
I walk home. Slowly. Listening to some sad songs. Thinking about everything. Sad songs always help me make up my mind. My thoughts start running wild.

What if Max actually likes me? What if he asked me out? I'd like that! Well... actually... would I? Yeah I'm not fooling anyone. I would. On the other hand, what makes me believe he likes me? He only spoke to me. It might not mean anything. But... he was the one to start a conversation so... maybe?
I really don't know. Something tells me he actually likes Hana. That wouldn't surprise me since- my thoughts stop flowing for a second when I see Harvey sitting under a tree. He is apparently... um I honestly don't know. He is just sitting there with his earphones in and looking at me. I'm guessing this is where him and Max live. I try not to make eye contact with him since the way he's looking at me is seriously creeping me out.

I keep walking till I get home. I text Hana and ask her if I can come over to watch a movie or something. She says yes, so I go over to the house next door

"I am so in love with Max" she tells me
"Great"
"I mean isn't he, isn't he just perfect?" she asks

Of course he is. He really is. I don't think I had ever thought of someone this way except for Zach. Back to Max. I really want to say "yeah, he is so perfect, I want to marry him right now" but I know I can't tell her that. I can't just tell her how I really feel because I know that would start a fight.

"I mean, yeah, he is okay I guess" I say pretending to have no interest in him
"Okay? Just okay? He's not just okay. He's way better than okay, okay?" she says angrily
"Okay um, he's just not my type" I lie
"Well at least we don't like the same person" she says turning her frown into a smile
"Yeah..."

If she only knew.

"Who do you like though? You haven't told me anything but I'm pretty sure you must like someone. Tell me now, who is it?" she asks me
"I-uh, I don't like anybody"
"Yeah sure. Come on, tell me who it is. Maybe I can help you" she says super excitedly

I wouldn't want her to help me. Every single time she has helped me, the guy ends up liking her. No thanks.

"I would if I knew who I like but I don't like anyone" I say getting a bit mad
"Your face says otherwise" she says skeptical

Darn it. She knows me too well.

"It is..." she says while looking for the answer in my eyes "oh oh oh! I know! It's Harvey, isn't it?" She says trying to force me to tell the truth
"Yeah. Yeah. How did you know?" I lie. I don't want her to ask me that question every single day. This is the best thing I could've come up with.

"Omg yes!!! I knew you liked him! Can you imagine? You date Harvey and I date Max! We could have... we could have..."
"Double dates" we say unison.
"Yeah" I say faking excitement
"You don't sound really excited, huh?"
"It's just that...I just remembered I have to go help my mom do... something" I say while getting up
"Oh okay. And good luck with Harvey. Don't forget to act chill and"
I cut her off "yeah, yeah, I gotta go. See you tomorrow" I say closing the door

Geez. Why does she have to be so nosey? Suddenly, it starts raining. Great. I don't feel like going back inside, so I just go for a walk. I don't even care if that means getting soaked. I can't stop thinking of how bad I'd like to tell someone about my crush on Max. But I know I couldn't take that risk. Hana wants everything to herself and would do anything to stop me from talking to Max. I'm so frustrated because i really thought this year would be different but there we go, a bad beginning. Again. It's always the same.

The rain becomes way heavier. I'm now soaked. I look around and find a porch where I can stay while the rain stops. I'm really cold but my face doesn't show it. My face shows no emotion. I'm sad, mad, desperate. Many things. I don't know how to express it. Then, someone comes out the door. It's Max.

"Bex, omg what are you doing here? Look at you, you're soaking. Wanna come inside?" he asks
I nod.