|T.W.O|

Patience King

"Patience where's the key?" my bestfriend ask annoyingly loud.

"Brooklyn it's on the table, Jesus." i mumbled. Now i was awaken from my sleep because of her.

I'm Patience King, a 23 year old who had just started life. I recently bought a condo from my hard earned money, working as a flight attendant for two months already. Though it was rough, i got through.

I moved out of my mother's house ever since i bought the condo since i thought she would need her space, but sadly she didn't. She have been calling me to check up on my well being which i was greatful for.

I'm a Christian so i attend church every Sunday with my mom. My boyfriend Jonas, however doesn't like when i leave him on Sundays. He said he needed some me time since he work at a law firm everyday and never seem to get a day off. He even work on holidays.

Jonas has to be one of the richest 25 year old I've ever met and even though he had money, it didn't move me. I love making my own money and being independent like my mother taught me.

"Patience."

"Brooklyn what?" i groaned and got up out of bed to see what she wanted. Entering the living room, she was making a bowl of cereal while reading a newspaper.

"Remember that thing you were telling me about?" she passed me a bowl of cereal and i sat around the island.

"What thing? I tell you alot of stuff."

"That thing with the differences and partners and traditional."

"You're gonna make me slap you." i stared at her.

Just as she was about to speak, Jonas came through the door.

"Hey baby." he smiled and gave me a kiss.

"Hi."

I glimpse from the corner of my eye, Jonas rolling his eyes at Brooklyn. They were always giving each other dirty looks which makes me question their hatred for each other.

Jonas was that one perfect boyfriend. He was always working, have a great salary, always loved by the mothers and a good guy. At least in their eyes he was.

But to me, he was selfish, mean, annoying and disgusting. He wasn't like that when we met a year ago. I was only with him because i needed someone i could cuddle with. He wasn't the type of male i could talk about my day or Christ with, or just eat ice cream and watch a movie with. He wasn't that loving.

Jonas hated when I'm around other people and it have been happening eversince i met him. He was territorial.

"Babe i was just checking up on you. I have to go to work now but I'm gonna stop by cause i wanna talk to you about something. I'll probably take you out for dinner." he took an apple from my fridge while texting on his phone.

"What is it?" i walked him to the door.

"It's private. I don't want your little nosey ass friend in our business." he said before leaving. I didn't even have a chance to say anything.

Closing my door, i went back to my seat around the island.

"I hate that little boy so much." Brooklyn said while washing her bowl out.

By now i had lost my appetite since Jonas ruined my mood and my cereal was soggy.

"So i was saying-"

"Brooklyn just talk straight. My head's hurting me."

"Why you gotta be so rude? I was saying, remember when you said you wanted to do something different."