Confession

That evening Richie seemed to be a little crabby and he didn't eat much dinner. When they went into the family room after dinner for their episode of Mickey Mouse before bed and Richie refused to sit on the floor with Jupiter. Instead he had to sit in Gwen's lap. His little hand reached up and started playing with Gwen's ear as he snuggled into her chest rather than watching the tv. Blake came in from washing the dishes and saw Richie in Gwen's lap.

"Is he ok?" He asks concerned

"I don't know he feel kind of warm to me. Would you mind grabbing the thermometer and the Tylenol out of the boys bathroom?"

"No I don't mind. I'll be right back."

In his mind Blake was freaking out. Richie hadn't been sick at all since he came to live with Blake. He has never had to worry about Tylenol and the crabby mood. Did they need to take him to the doctor? The hospital? He grabbed what he needed and headed back down.

"Here you go."

"Thanks"

Blake watched as Gwen took Richie's temperature.

"Oh yeah he definitely has a fever. 102."

"So what does that mean? Does he need to go to the doctor or something?"

"No we will give him some Tylenol and watch it."

"Ok."

After about twenty minutes Gwen retook his temperature.

"Did it go down?"

"It went up actually. 102.5."

"Are you sure we shouldn't take him somewhere?"

"Not right now he is ok. I just have a feeling I'm not gonna get any sleep tonight."

"Well we can take turns staying up with him. At least then we can get a little bit of sleep."

"Yeah that sounds good. Can you either take Richie or we all go put Jupiter to bed?"

"Yeah I'll take Richie. I know you like to put Jupiter to bed." Blake says moving to take Richie from Gwen

Richie has other plans however and screams bloody murder and starts yelling "NO mama! NO mama!"

"Ok then I think we are all putting Jupiter to bed."

"Yeah seems like it's the only option."

Once they got Jupiter to bed Gwen told Blake to go to bed and get some sleep but he refused.

"If your gonna be up all night, then I'm keeping you company." Blake says. "And maybe later we can try again for me to take him so you can get some sleep."

"No then you need to go lay down. I'll be fine. I promise. I'll be ok. I think I'm just gonna try to rock him to sleep and see what happens."

"Ok but your going to sleep when I take him."

Gwen nods in surrender and Blake leaves to go get a few hours of sleep. She sits in the rocking chair holding him with his head on her chest and his legs on either side of her lap. She rubs his back hoping to soothe him. They both must drift off for a little while because the next thing she knows Richie is crying again.

"Shhhhh baby boy it's ok. Mommy's right here. I'm not going anywhere." She tells him holding him tighter to her chest as he starts to calm down sniffling whispering "mama." "I've got ya baby boy. Mommy's got ya." She reassures him.

Blake wakes up to hear Richie crying and gets up and quickly makes his way into his room.

"Is he ok?" Blake asks filled with worry