chapter 6

The photoshoot began and that idiot of photographer told us to give weird poses. I refused so many, like all touchy touchy stuff where as praveen was quiet.
The photographer asked praveen to carry me and to give a romantic pose. What?! "No" I told. "Oh comeon Diya, don't you want to show our pics to our kids in future, stop being all adamant. Come on" he was laughing, I guess after looking at my reaction. What kids, omg what am I gonna do. Without a warning he carried me. And I found myself staring at his eyes. Even he was looking at mine. We were like that until the photographer spoke "wow nice click ".
Still praveen was carrying me "put me down" I hissed. What an embarrassing moment. He put me down and again this shy thing began. I was looking down afraid to look at his face.
"You guys look cute together " the photographer bid his farewell.

Finally it was time to leave to my in laws house. I hugged my mom and dad. I was always a daddy's girl. From the day I was born I never left my parents. Now it was a hard time. I started crying more. My parents consoled me. Praveen spoke to my parents " don't worry mama Diya is my responsibility now. I'll never let her cry. I'll look after her more than how you both looked after. I promise" my parents gave him a happy look and to be honest even I was quite happy with what he told.  praveen was giving a comforting look to me. We were silent during the car drive. It's when praveen broke the silence. " don't worry Diya, well come to meet your parents every weekend." and he kept his hand on mine. I didn't feel like pushing it off. So I just nodded and looked out.
My in laws were a cheery lot. I found warmth and comfort in them what I was yearning for. His sister was nisha and she was just 22. She was a bubbly girl full of life. It was really fun talking to her.Today I had a good hearty laugh in so many years. I for once felt very happy and almost forgot that I was married to their son. All four had the same lively happy nature. They were always smiling.
They were not like what I imagined. I thought they would be liked those villainous people in the dramas.