An end of the year that looks to the future

After the grudges and intolerance, Jane and Patrick began to get along, they could even say they were friends, a question that before their school friends did not recognize before. After all, the punishment served to give a title to the relationship they had. From now on, their relationship goes uphill, they trust a little more and they are not afraid of what they can say about them. In a certain way they complement each other, since they opened a little more and allowed to know each other. Occasionally Jane and Patrick came out in defense of each other, there was an occasion at school where one of Patrick's friends played a trick on his teacher and they accused Patrick, but Jane saw how things happened and went out to defend him. Patrick did the same for her, when a school girl who had auditioned for the same role as Jane told her fellow students that they were hurting her, after knowing her better, Patrick knew that the rumors about her were a lie, so who designed a plan to leave the other girl in evidence.

At the end of the year, the skating club that David, Sabrina, Jane and Patrick go to, has the habit of making a festival as a fundraiser to attend the tournaments and to pay for the costumes of the skaters and the teams of the hockey sets. This festival is usually attended by all families of students who are in Junior and senior competition, as these athletes make a number together that nobody wants to miss. Unlike in previous years, children from 7 to 10 years old would act there, and since Jane had already turned 7, she could participate in the event, so Payton put together a routine for her to do with Patrick. Both liked the idea, so they did not hesitate to participate, Patrick's parents, and Jane's mother, they designed a suit for the performance: a beautiful white dress with sleeves for Jane, and a beautiful black and white suit for Patrick. They were delighted with their costumes and went out to have fun like never before. They enjoyed the moment so much, that they wanted to repeat it again, their aunt Payton liked her performance so much that she proposed for next year, to participate in the couples competition in a children's championship of all the clubs in the city of Montebec. While it was not an important championship, it was for them, the beginning of unimaginable things, despite not being something that was in their plans, it was a possibility to open horizons looking to the future.

None of them was sure to want to participate, because they were still focused on their lives as a dancer and hockey player, so participating in this tournament meant having to focus a little more on this activity and divide their time to prepare for this. Nor were their parents very convinced, neither Katherine, nor Alice, nor Jonas were sure to let their children participate, between the school for both, the ballet rehearsals, the dance competitions and the work of Jane, plus the hockey training and the games for Patrick, they knew that a competition like this for them, meant more hours of training and more dedication to an activity that would not be what they want for their future. In addition, they felt that their children were stopping doing "children's things" by dedicating themselves to those they like, and competing in this was too much extra burden to their routine, they would not know if the boys were able to endure so much, they were too young to to commit to so many things, "they have to enjoy a little more of their childhood" repeated Jonás. Their parents, not being convinced, would let their children decide what to do.

Seeing that neither Jane, nor Patrick, nor his parents were convinced to accept the proposal, Payton stopped insisting and made up his mind not to have them, so the little time he had before the winter break, Payton would help Sabrina and David with her dance routines, and Jessica, a student in the singles category who had the potential to be a great skater. As the days passed, Jane and Patrick be

gan to feel jealous of not receiving so much attention from Payton and their doubts about the competition were greater, but also, this lack of attention towards them made Patrick and Jane begin to distance themselves, then of the festival did not have something to do together and they only talked about what was necessary.

They started the winter holidays and they did not have to see each other so often, they did not have to go to school or to the club or the academy; It was also a free season of competitions and games for them, so they had free time to have fun. Regarding the dinners, Katherine surprised her children with a trip to the French Alps, so the winter break, the family Mccormick Dubreuil spent skiing and there were no dinners shared between the two families, so Jane and Patrick began to separate more . After all the comings and goings of their relationship, this vacation was for them "a bucket of cold water", the distance could not with their relationship, was an obstacle in the path of friendship that they were beginning to forge, which causes problems in the future: during her stay in the French Alps, Jane met Fedor, a boy who ended up becoming a friend for her and who lives in the neighboring town of London, so they saw each other often, since they live at a hour away. That made Patrick very jealous, feeling that he experienced for the first time, seeing Jane sharing time with another person made him feel horrible, left out, abandoned, lonely and sad. That's when she realized how important Jane was in her life, without realizing it, she had taken a place in her heart among the most important people in her life.

When the holidays ended, the New Year had already passed, both would return to their routines, but they would stop doing some things: they would no longer go to skating lessons with Payton and would concentrate on dance and hockey, both would dedicate more hours a day to their favorite activities, so their distancing is even more evident, although they will continue to be seen at school, they no longer share that common activity that connected them, that good friendship they were beginning to forge, they go to greet formally, somehow, they went back down. A few days after returning to school, she arrives at Patrick's class, a new student, Cassandra, with whom she will have good affinity, and they will become very close friends. That puts Jane on nerves, for the first time she begins to have new feelings that she did not know how to describe them, but she left as proud as the mother, who did everything possible so that no one notices, tried to hide it as much as she could , but when one day he came to his house and he sees Cassandra in Patrick's house, he exploded inside, although he did not understand, Josephine realized, so he went to tell Katherine, but he was not in the house, so who told Carlton what had happened with Jane and later Carlton suggested to the mother, that Jane and Patrick resume the skate classes, since he, a few days ago, had observed a situation similar to that of Jane and Cassandra , but with Patrick and Fedor.

When night falls, when both families get together for dinner, when Patrick enters Katherine's house, he looks at Jane and makes a very strange face, as if he hated her. Alice realized that and was surprised because she remembered how well Jane and Patrick were doing before the holidays, so she went to talk with Katherine in private and she told him what her son Carlton had told her, so Alice was to talk to Jonàs, and the three of them thought it was a good idea to resume skating classes because they did not want to return their children to fight. They thought that this would unite them, so they spoke with Payton to see if there was a possibility that Jane and Patrick would participate in that competition, because they would have to compromise more with the classes and they would be forced to solve their problems. Payton told them that there was not much left for that tournament but that it could create a simple routine for them to participate, since analyzing the situation and taking into account that they had left their classes a long time ago, they would know that they could not win. Although Jane and Patrick did not want to return, they were forced to make them, it was for them the best decision that their parents took, because they ended up winning with a score that allowed them to classify the regional children of autumn and had to iron out asperities since they will be forced to continue competing together. What they do not know is that time will put them to the test with their passions.