Speed Dating - 4

Chapter Four - Nada. Zilch. Impossible.

"Hurry up, Matt!" I shouted out, my head sticking out of the window while honking the horn. He rushed outside, slammed the door, and ran to my red Mazda 3.

"Took you long enough," I mumbled under my breath as I backed out of his driveway and sped down the road. He chuckled beside me and shook his head.

"Hi Matt," popped out Mercedes from the back seat. He jumped in his seat and she giggled.

"I scared ya, didn't I?" she said, between fits of laughter. I just smiled and shook my head while Matt was looking at her with an are-you-crazy look. Then, in a blink of an eye, Dee's demeanour changed.

"You better watch you back Matt. After all, you don't want to jump to conclusions again, do you?" she hissed in a venomous voice. Matt glanced at me, sorrow and regret lacing his features.

"N-no." he stuttered, no daring to look at Dee. I kept my eyes on the road for the rest of the drive, being the driver, obviously, and because I didn't want to look at Matt's sorry face.

"We're here," I stated as I pulled into a parking spot and turned of the engine. I got out of the car as quickly as I could and Dee handed me my bag.

"Let's go," I said, wanting to get away from Matt as soon as I could.

"Hey, wait up!" I heard him yell. I mentally cursed him and closed my eyes, turning around.

"Yes, Matty?" I teased, with all too much sugar in my voice.

"You're supposed to show me around, remember?" he said, not meeting my eyes. I smiled triumphantly, knowing I had the upper hand.

"I'm busy. Why not let Dee show you around? I'm sure she wouldn't mind, would you?" I turned to her. She reflected my smile, catching on to my plan and shook her head.

"No, I wouldn't mind. Let's go, Matty!" she piped up as she grabbed hold of his wrist and pulled him away. I sighed in relief and made my way to the computer room, to make posters for The Speed Plan.

"Hey, what are you doing?" asked Ashton as he leaned over my shoulder to get a glimpse of my work. I nearly jumped in my seat. I guess I was too concentrated on my work to hear him come in.

"Well, Mercedes and I decided to start a speed dating event called The Speed Plan. It's for like, singles who can meet new people. Sort of like a dating site, but in real life." I tried to explain to him. He nodded, taking a seat beside me, overlooking my posters for the event.

"Do you need help? I could help you with the advertising?" he volunteered. I was shocked.

"Shouldn't you be advertising yourself for King of Hearts?" I asked. He gave me a half smile.

"Nah, I have people who do that," he joked and I smiled.

"Okay, well, you can help with the posters if you like, and maybe have your people put those up also?" I asked teasingly. He smiled and nodded.

"Okay, well, I'll have my people call your people," I said flirtatiously. God, was I flirting with him already? He had a mischievous twinkle in his eyes and I felt heat rush up to my cheeks. He reached out his hand and patted me on my burning cheeks.

"It's all right," he smiled. "I love it when you blush. You look so adorable," I couldn't help but smile and think the same thing, but of course I would have said it out loud, at least, not yet.

"Hey! Hands of my girl!" Matt barged in at the worst possible time. His face was all red with anger.

"Hey, hold up, man. I mean, I didn't know she was with you," said Ashton, a look of hurt flashed across his face but the quickly disappeared. He raised both hands up in the surrender position and pushed his chair farther away from me. I balled my hands into fists in my side and stood up abruptly.