Speed Dating - 3.5

Recap:

Halfway through dinner, my mom spoke up.

"So, Cerelia, I think it's time to tell you the surprise," said my mom. She took a breath.

//----\\

"Mattistransferringtoyourschool."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"She said, 'I'm transferring to your school.'" Cleared Matt. I blinked. My high school? Is my life some sort of cliché story?

"Oh! I get it! Ha ha ha! Happy April Fools!!! Ha ha!" I burst out, forcing a laugh. Nobody laughed with me.

"Wait, this is for real?" my mom nodded. Then, a thought hit me.

"Doesn't Matt go to an all-boys boarding school in Pennsylvania?" Mrs. McGillan cleared her throat.

"Well, you see, we missed our Matty," I snickered and Matt shot me a glare. "So we decided to transfer him back here. We know you kids are friends so I figured that by transferring him to your school, at least he'll know somebody." Mrs. McGillan looked at me hopefully. I raised my eyebrows. Uhh. Sure. Oh, he'll know somebody all right. He'll know me. And I'm gonna make his life miserable, just like he did to me. I plastered on my sweetest smile and nodded.

"Of course! I would love to! Such a pleasant surprise!" I exclaimed, putting too much sugar in my voice. Matt shot me a confused glance but his parents didn't seem to notice. They nodded and smiled.

"Well, I'm going to go upstairs and get some things ready for tomorrow. When do you start school?" I asked Matt.

"Tomorrow, actually," he responded. I smiled inwardly towards myself. Perfect.

"All righty then! See you tomorrow!" I exclaimed with a giddy smile on my face and hopped up to my room. Once I got in my room, I shut the door and grabbed my cell phone, flopping on my bed. I speed-dialed my best friend, and as usual, she picked up on the first ring.

"Oh my God." She said when she picked up.

"Oh my God." I repeated her words.

"Are you kidding me?" she asked, not believing the situation.

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p'.

"Okay, because I drove by, like, fifty times just to make sure I wasn't going blind or something," I could hear her practically hyperventilating in the background.

"Breathe, Dee, breathe." I assured her. Now, you're probably wondering how she knew about Mat, but trust me, she knew everything. Always there at the right times. She would make a great gossip columnist.

"He starts school tomorrow," I told her. She squealed.

"Really? Because if he is, then I know the perfect revenge plan! And no, it's not one of those 'pretty-you-up-and-make-him-want-you-and-break-his-heart' type things. Trust me, this is serious business. Plus, it'll get rid of the horrible six letter status and turn it into a- wait... their both six letters... well whatever. You'll go from 'single' to 'taken' in no time!" I could hear her excitement as her voice rose and she was breathing heavily in the background.

"Mercedes, stop jumping. Now." I ordered while giggling. I could hear her nod with the assortment of jewellery she had on and then she proceeded to tell me about her plan.

"Dun dun dun dun, speed dating!" she squealed. I was intrigued by the idea.

"Go on," I urged her.

"Well, I can get together all the single boys out there or in the school, and give them like, forms to fill out about themselves. Then, we can sort through those and host a great big get-together at the gym. We can set up desks and have each of the guys sit there and the girls, because there has to be more than one or else Mr. Elliot won't let me do it, will go around asking them questions and getting to know them better within the time limit of five minutes. The get up, and switch to the next table. And at the end, each girl can chose three guys who will take them out on a date, and so and so. You get it?" she asked excitedly. I was bouncing with excitement.

"Yes! Great! We can make this a public occasion, with lots of publicity so everyone will hear about it! I can't wait!" I had a huge smile on my face. We talked a bit more, planning the Speed Plan, as we had decided to call it.

After our conversation, I stripped myself out of my dress and put on my pyjamas, snuggling in my blanket. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, and dreams of our upcoming event.