The "Plan"

Chapter 15:

After you both calmed down and talked it out a bit more, oswald went to make breakfast. He hurried off to the kitchen, smiling like an idiot. And you did the same while walking towards Jeromes room. You found Caper standing diligently outside the door and greeted him with a nod. He nodded back.
You went inside to see Jerome still sleeping. Walking over, you lightly tapped him on the shoulder.
"Jerome?" You whispered, trying not to surprise him.
He shuffled in the bed and opened one eye.
"Hey." He said, his blank expression turning into a happy one.
You smiled and pat his ginger hair playfully.
"Good morning sleepy head.  Oswald's making breakfast."

He stifles a laugh. "Great, I hope he doesn't poison me" he jokes.
You chuckle a bit.
"I saw him get rat poison this morning.. I'm just joking." You clarify.
He laughs and you do too.

"Hey Jerome..?" You ask, slightly nervous.
"Hm?" He responds.
You tap his bedside table as he gets up and dressed.

"Can I have.. Advice?" You ask hesitantly.
It wasn't the best idea to get romance advice from your childhood crush and friend sure.. But he was your only other friend besides oswald at the moment. Who else could you really turn to?

He slunk a red shirt over his shoulders.
"About what?" He asked nonchalantly.
Your eyes moved around the room, never staying on one thing more than a few seconds.
"Romance..." You said sheepishly.
He paused and looked at you.
"Oh really?" He joked. You smiled and nodded, looking down at your hands.

"Who is it?" He asked and continued to dress himself.
You gulped, wondering how he'd react. Wondering if he already knew.
"It's uh... Oswald." You said the last part at a whisper.
He laughed instantly, then stopped suddenly.
"Oh wait.. You're serious?" He said with a straight face.
You blushed and nodded.
He raised a brow.  "I'm not going to ask why.. Maybe he's very well endowed~" He winked and grinned.
You blushed even harder at his attempted Dick joke.
"What?! N-no, I mean.. I don't know! I haven't.. I don't.. Um.." Jerome laughed as you struggled with your words.
"I'm kidding." He grinned and pat your back a few times.  You let out a small laugh.
"Yeah... Hah.. So? Do you have any advice?" You looked at him with puppydog eyes.

He tapped his chin. "You want advice on asking him out?"
You nodded.
"Well to be honest, I think he likes you too." He smiled. Your eyes widened. "Really? How do you know?"
"You both keep looking at eachother and blushing like children. I thought you were both just horribly awkward, but now I think otherwise. Well, you're both still awkward. But I'm pretty sure either he likes you, or he's just really weird."
You laugh at his joke and from excitement.
"Oh my gosh I hope your right!" You say with lights in your eyes.

He chuckles.
"So how should I ask him?"

He smiles wide.
"You must confess your feelings for him on a stage! Infront of everyone! It will be a spectacle!"
You gulp. "I uh.. Don't think that's a good idea.." You whisper. You didn't really like to be on stage. And you didn't think a 'spectacle' would do oswald much good either.
He sighs. "Oh alright.. Well what did you have in mind?" He raises a brow.
"Hm.." You look down at your hands and think.
"Maybe I could do something special for him. NOT on stage." You smile and glance at Jerome. He laughs a bit.
"We can work with that." He winks.

--

Oswald smiled and cooked his meal with vigor.
[She was thinking about me. Me!] He still marveled at the notion.
It was clear to oswald now that he wanted to be with you.
His smile faded as he remembered Ed. How his feelings for Ed had made him do stupid things.. Dispite how cold he needed to be on the outside, he regretted it and missed him.
[I won't make that mistake with (Y/n).]
At least he didn't have to worry about her falling for another person, I mean she was with you all day who could she...
His eyes went wide.
"Jerome.." He snarled, realizing you had gone into jeromes room less than ten minutes ago.