I know

+I know I know, I've been AFK for a while. But! I finally graduated hs yayy!!  Annnd I wrote a few new chapters I shall be posting! I hope you guys enjoy <3 +

Chapter 14:

Warmpth and the scent of lavender filled the room. Your eyes fluttered open and you were lying in bed. Looking around, you realized that this wasn't Oswald's room. The walls were blue and there were beautiful stars painted on it.
You got up and examined further, seeing various pictures on the walls that seemed to be of.. You?

You picked up the one next to your bed.
The (H/l) (H/c) hair. Your favorite tank top. The turtle bracelet you never leave home without.
It had to be you.
[Wait..]

You gasped in surprise.
[This... This is my room.]
Dropping the picture, you have to grab the bedframe for support.
[These.. These are my memories!]

Thinking quickly, you grasp every single thing you can think of.
[I knew this bracelet was mine and I always have it... I know this is my favorite shirt.. I know I painted these walls with my mom... My mom... Who is she?] You started to panic. As you thought of her, your mind went blank. You couldn't think of a face or a name.

[What about.. My dad] 
You thought to your previous dream for reference. His face was clouded before, but clear as day now. His black slick pull back hair. His chubby tan face. It all made you want to vomit, but at least you had a face instead of a black mass. Maybe oswald could get you a police sketch artist or something..
"Oswald.." You said his name aloud.
Thinking back, you remembered falling asleep in his bed.
So... Was this all a dream?
It sure didn't feel like it..

[This feels so much less surreal than the last ones. And in this one I'm actually able to think! Last time I was just watching, not able to control my actions.]

You shuffled through your room, checking your desk and dresser for any books or labels that could have information about yourself.
You found a notebook, but all the names were blacked out..

You flipped to the first page. The date on it was ten years ago..
I was a little kid back then.

'November 21St 2005-
So my mom gave me this journal. She said something about writing therapy being helpful.. I don't really care. But I guess if it makes her happy.
So anyway, I might as well tell you what happened in school today.
██████ took my lunch! What a jerk. I think I'll made dad's friends beat him up like they do to his parents. His family's "junky" my mom says. Maybe that's why they hurt them.'

You flip to around the middle of the book and keep reading.

'December 13th 2006-
Jerome and I taked again in the woods again today. I'm starting to like him! :) his jokes are funny and he's really nice to me.'

Finally, you flipped to the last page of the book.

'October 30th 2007-
Dad's getting worse.. Mom says it's cuz of alchohol but I know it's not that. I always hear his conversations from my room. He's always yelling at people and then I hear a really loud noise. Then everything goes quiet and I get really scared.  Then he comes in my room-' some of the entry is smudged. You look to the bottom of the page where the words show up again.
'Jerome and me are running away tomarrow.'

You put the journal down on your lap, sniffling to hold in tears.
It made sence to you now. The dreams.. Jerome.. The missing file Oswald showed you.

For a few minutes you sat in silence, looking around only once more before the room faded away. You were left in darkness. Alone.
Your hands covered your eyes as you tried, and failed, to hold back tears.
All your emotions were overwhelming you now, like when you were in bed before.  You couldn't help but curl up in a ball on the ground in the darkness.
You didn't want to remember any more. You didn't want to know who your dad was. You didn't want any more dreams. Jerome was enough.