13 | Not Today

I never insult artists and songs you like on your books, don't do to mine.

Not Today
(Imagine Dragons)

Present Day
Stark Tower

   "Hi, I'm Loki Odinson." The lawyer with black hair slicked back shook his hand with yours.

   "Hi. I'm (Y/n), thanks for coming." You told him and you both sat on the couch in a room. Tony Stark and Steve Rogers are catching up outside. They haven't spoken to each other for 2 years. Peter Parker was in the kitchen making coffee.

   Odinson is Tony Stark's best lawyer and he's kind enough to share him with you. "I've heard about what happened, i'm really sorry." He said.

   "Thank you."

   "You know, it was quite blurry, you should know the footage was not as detailed as they said it was. People didn't see the whole--"

   "But enough to make me feel like dying, i want Jane to pay for what she did..."

   "Sure. So, we need solid evidence, because she will definitely get a lawyer worth their salt to fight against us. First, she will say she wasn't the one setting up the camera." He started his work right away.

   "But she did."

   "I know."

   You sighed with the heavy feelings on your chest. "I have a phone call, she got me on the phone and told me to come to the living room. We could probably get the voice."

   "Did she say directly in the call that she set the camera up."

   "..."

   "..." He tilted his head.

   "No. She didn't."

   Parker walked in the room with a cup of coffee and sat next to you. "There's gotta be someway right? It's definitely obvious Jane did it, she hated (Y/n) all her life."

   "We can go for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. But then even if we have proof that she did it, another lawyer would also be able to debunk it fairly easily; IIED is notoriously difficult to prove." Loki explained.

   "We don't even have proof... Jane's lawyer could just say it was someone else who did it..." You muttered hopelessly.

   "Still, in this case, even if we have proof, it would be a civil suit. No jail time involved."

   "But I want her in jail." Peter said.

   "Peter, I just need to proof people that she really did it, if we can proof that and her label records is still in their right mind, they will not extend her singing contract and her life will get ruined that way." You told him.

   "But this is not just your reputation now, she tried to ruin your life. Jane can't just get away with it." Peter said.

   "I'll talk to the others and see what we can find. Anything at all that's considered evidence is what we need. The kind that her lawyer can't argue back." Loki said, shook your hand one more time then walked out.