CHAPTER THREE...

SONG::: HELP BY THE BEATLES

PLEASE EVERYONE NO HATE AND NO SPOILERS! THANK YOU! ENJOY!!!

I woke up in a bed with the news goin across the room. The lights were off but the tv and the light coming in through the small window helped me make out the build of Cain. "Cain....?" I whispered as he stopped watching the tv. He came over to me and sat next to me on the bed. He was fidgeting quit a lot. "Do you need anything?" He asked me in a sincerely concerned voice. "Maybe some rest." I said as I tried to sit up, just to feel an excruciating pain in my neck. I whimpered and he laid me back down gently. ". You shouldn't move right now. I'll get you some water. Just lay down and I'll be right back." He whispered to me. He stood up and exited the room, closing the door behind him.

I turned my head to see that the news man was talking about another shooting at a school not far from here. I grunted and tried to move my ankle to see how it was doing. A shot of pain shot up and I knew it wasn't ready for me to walk on. A few moments later Cain walked in. That's when I got a good look at his face. "Oh, Cain!" I gaped as he sat. "It's nothing." Is all he responded with. "Lay down next to me." I said as his eyes widened. "Wha-" "Ew. Not like that. Just do it. I can't sit up so you're gonna have to come down here." I said patting the space in front of me

He hesitated and then finally put the water on a table and laid down in front of me. I put my hand on one of his wounds and he flinched. I backed my hand away and then he took it and set it back on his face. "Its fine." He said "I'm fine." I looked at his wounds and with each new found cut I felt deep sorrow for what had happened. This was all my fault.

"Now don't go thinking this is your fault." He whispered. "How did you-" " I've known you since we were born." Was all he said. And he was right. We were best friends since we were born up until seventh grade. Then he got cool. His friends dragged him away from me and were the same crude friends from the school parking lot. "What day is it..?" I asked with sudden urgency. "Wednesday." He responded with a smile. That same smile he used to give me as a kid.

"You have work!" I exclaimed and went to sit up. Bad idea. I heard a crack and fell back down as I yelped and a tear ran down my cheek. He jumped up and steadied me. It was just like old times. "You have to work..." at this point I was pretty much holding back tears. I wonder how hard my father had thrown me down. I could barely move. " I took today off." He said.

      "But you cant skip work, Cain. You have to buy food for you and Fern." Fern was his little sister. "It's ok. We have enough food for the next few days."  I just dozed off at that point. "Do you want your water?" He asked, grabbing the cup. I took the cup from him and just ended up spilling it all over my bloodied shirt. Wait. When did my shirt get bloodied..?

         He took the cup from me and brought it to my lips. I downed the whole glass. "I'm so pathetic. I can't walk. I can't sit up. I need Cain Sawyer to give me water." I said avoiding eye contact. " You at NOT pathetic, Chevy. And what happened to 'my best friend' ? Who is this Cain fellow you speak of?" He said that last part in a fancy accent. "You're not fancy enough to say 'fellow', Cain." I said in a joking tone.

      "You stopped bein' my friend a long time ago." I said, turning my head away. I took a quick glance at him to see sadness wrinkling his features. I continued. "Why didn't you wanna be my friend anymore..?" I asked as another tear rolled down my cheek. "Chevy, I-"  A Scream sounded from the next room over. It was Fern. Cain threw the door open and ran into the other room. All I heard was silence. I tried my best to get up and all I could do was muffle a scream. It hurt so bad. But I had to.

          I heard the click of a shotgun. It was a model Remington 1100. I knew my guns. A shot rang out and I heard Cain scream. I rolled off the bed in complete agony and crawled to the door where I could see. Each movement sending a shot of pain through my body. I could see just enough to see.... my father. He had MY Remington in his hand with a glare in his eyes.

       I held my breath as I realize what has happened. Fern. He shot Fern. My father shot Fern. I muffled a scream as I watch the horror unfold.my father had shot Fern, a fourteen year old, and Cain grabbed my father by the neck. He was squeezing his neck and holding him up in mid air. Wait. What?! MID AIR...? My father may be short but he was also a middle aged, heavy set man. Cain was a very strong 17 year old who was obviously a hard worker. I mean, he was strong, but he couldn't have held up my 400 pound father. Not with human strength any way.

          He squeezed and squeezed my fathers fat neck and my father was struggling greatly. He let my father go. "Get out of here." Cain mumbled through gritted teeth. My father didn't move. "GET. OUT." He said through gritted teeth once again. All my father did at that was grab the gun and aim it at Cain. I hate to say it, but I was really scared. I was scared for Cain because even though we hadn't been friends for years, he was still my best friend deep down. I was scared of Cain because of his strength and force towards my father.

My father pulled the trigger and my hand threw over my mouth so he wouldn't hear me. The next thing I knew my dad was laying on the floor motionless and Cain was breathing heavily. What had I just seen..? I gasped out and Cain whipped around with hate in his eyes.

I HOPE YALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!! EHAT WERE YOUR THOUGHTS...? WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENS TO CHEVY??? WILL CAIN, THE GUY SHE TRUSTED, THE GUY WHO USED TO BE HER BEST FRIEND, KILL HER AS WELL??? DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND FOLLOW FOR MORE!