"I think I'm going to like them," she said, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I think they're what a real family should feel like," she said.

"They're your family too now chèr, and they loved you as well."

Rogue yawned, then smiled mischievously.

"Well, its been a long day, I guess I can finally take this damn bracelet off and go to sleep."

She made to remove the silver bracelet but Gambit's hand covered her wrist before she could.

"Oh no, Forge's little gift stays on, cher."

"Oh does it?" she asked, raising a haughty eyebrow.

"Well, I'm ravaging you one way or the other, so I guess it's up to you whether you want my perverted thoughts in your head for the next week."

Rogue laughed.

Forge had taken Remy's static bracelet, the one that Remy had used to hide his scent, and had been able to turn the static field into a repulsion field. What this meant was that Rogue was able to touch without absorbing people, as just above her skin was a repellent field.

It didn't alter the sensation of touch much because the field was only 3 microns thick. The best part though, well, perhaps the second best part, was that unlike the inhibitor collar, this device didn't actually turn her powers on or off, so it was completely safe for long term use.

Unfortunately the device couldn't enable them to have sex without a condom (which wasn't fool proof, but Remy was more than willing to take the risk) nor could they French kiss since the bracelet only worked on the skin, but just being able to touch was more than they could have imagined when they had first met, just over a year ago now.

Remy picked her up in a fireman's carry and began kissing her neck as he carried her over to the bed.

She was working on her powers with Jean and although she hadn't told Remy, they were starting to have some success. She was afraid to say anything to him yet though, just in case she jinxed herself. And if nothing came of this, then at least only one of them would be disappointed.

Right now though, Remy was making it very difficult for her to think about anything but the trail of his lips across her skin, as they devoured each new area of her skin that he uncovered.

Rogue awoke in the morning nestled in Remy's arms. She would never have thought herself a cuddly sleeper, but she supposed after so many years without the ability to touch, she was simply making up for lost time.

"Go back to sleep," Remy murmured as he felt her stir.

"The others will be here soon," Rogue said, turning in his arms. She had long since learned that kissing him was the best way to wake him up.

Tomorrow was Thanksgiving and for the first time, all the X-Men and the inner circle of the Guild would be in the same room. Rogue was pleased to be meeting Remy's family, especially since they had all been so good to her so far, but she was a little apprehensive as to what kind of impression her own X-Men family would give to her possible future in-laws.

Remy had slotted himself into the X-men family relatively well, which is not to say that everything was hugs and puppies but tensions didn't often boil over. Surprisingly, Logan seemed to be Remy's closest friend among them (other than Rogue of course) and they could often be found playing poker together or sparring in the danger room.

Scott seemed to have gotten over Remy kidnapping Jean when she was a teenager, but unfortunately that did little to sooth the tensions between them. Scott thought Remy reckless and impulsive, while Remy thought Scott to be a 'stuffy, stagnant and staid, jumped up little boy scout'. And yes, he did say that to Scott's face. Thankfully, Logan kept them separated most of the time, and never put them on the same team.