CHAPTER ONE- The Beginning of the End

Breathe just breathe. Calm down, in and out in- "What do you mean we're moving?!" I attempted to say nonchalantly, coming out more... angry than expected.

"Lexie, we didn't know this would happen. We all thought that this was our last move." My mom patiently said as if she was talking to a child. 

"It will be all worth it, your new school is amazing, the new house is perfect for us!" My dad said cheerfully

How could they be so okay with this, when they're ripping me away from my perfectly fine life. 

*****

Let me explain this situation, about five minutes ago I was alone in my room, happy and calm. 

Then my mom and dad decide to burst into my room. Surprising me with the news that we were to move.

I'm fourteen years old and I've moved 7 times

Imagine having to restart your life over and over, being the new kid at the start of middle school or high school is hard enough. Imagine it happening repeatly every few years. With a new house, a new town, a new life. 

The only constant in my life is my mom and dad. Every time we move I have to go through leaving a school, friends, and home behind. I don't know when it happened, but after awhile I just gave up trying, I became a robot wherever I went. It was easier to leave if you didn't make any ties.

For the last three years I've been at the same school with the same people and home. I was shocked when my parents told me that this was the last move in order to open the newest resturant in the chain. Soon I fell into a routine, a safe one that I thought would last, but nothing good ever lasts long.

*****

Now back to present day, with me panicking. 

I slowly blinked away the tears. "What.. I don't understand?" I questioned idioticly. 

"The restaurants are just doing so well, they are gaining more popularity! We just needed to open up a new one... this one will be in Texas." He somehow said that with a large grin. Of course he would be fine with this move. 

"You can't do this to me. I'm suppose to go to high school here! I was finally going to start at a school with people I already know! " I shouted trying to hold back tears. My decision was final I was not going to go. 

*****

My parent's have always been understanding. I thought I could talk some sense into them, and next morning the first thing I see on my desk...

RIVERDALE HIGH SCHOOL

August 6, 2014

1987 HUNTINGTON AVENUE, TX         ID NUMBER: 32500       

                Congragulations Alexandra Melano.

        You have been accepted into Riverdale High School for the 2014-2018 school year. We are pleased you will be joining us. This packet includes courses offered, school map, extracurricular activties lists, time scheldules. We hope to see you on August 26, 2014 for orientation for incoming 9th graders.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Principal Caroline Kings

I kept rereading the line 'You have been accepted', since when did high schools get to specifically choose which students got in? Did they have the choice to not accept me?

I quickly ran downstairs, "Mom! Dad! What kind of school-" I stopped short when I looked around the living room. Everything was packed in boxes, the TV, the desptop, the vases, and where was the couch! 

My dad strolled into the room "What's with all the yelling?"

"What's going on why is everything packed?!" I started hyperventilating. Were we moving this soon? I wasn't ready yet. 

"Honey your starting school in a few weeks and we need to start the ground plan for the new resturant, this move was already last minute, we're cutting time very short, we need to leave by the 13th." He began to pack up the closet.

"What.. but what about my friends! I haven't said goodbye! I was suppose to hang out with friends this summer and get ready for high school with them!" I began to freak out everything was happening so fast.

 "You can say your goodbye's in the next few days then when we're in Texas you'll make new friends and you can plan out school with them."

"Texas, oh yeah who am I going to make friends with cowboys and cowgirls, are we moving onto a farm? Yeehaw, sounds amazing dad!"

"Texas won't be like that, now please go and back your room this conversation is over!"

I quickly stormed upstairs and slammed the door, I ran to my computer and decided the only way to say my goodbye's was online, if I talked to anyone directly I'd probably burst into tears. 

My newest facebook status: Lexie Melano is feeling like her whole world is falling apart. Everybody who's reading this... I'm moving... LIFE SUCKS!

ON THE SIDE IS A PICTURE OF LEXIE/ COMMENT PEOPLE YOU THINK SHOULD PLAY HER PARENTS.