Chapter 1: Control

"Hello Zim. Here is your weekly dosage of sugar." The drone said reaching out and plunging the needle into Zim's right arm. The drone removed the needle and dropped Zim's arm. The drone watched pink blood drip into the dried puddle from the week before.

Zim's eye slowly opened to reveal emotionless and dull magenta eyes. His antenna perked up but quickly fell at at the drone before him.

"You seem to be functioning correctly." The drone pressed a triangle shaped button and began talking. "Day 2920. Zim seems to be...intact. Eyes seem to be functioning accurately. Antennae seem to functioning correctly. Zim has still not spoken since day 1095. Checking PAK functions now." The drone walked around Zim's motionless body and to his PAK.

Zim twitched at the drone's hands. The drone once again spoke in his monotone voice. "PAK functions seem to be functioning correctly. That's all for day 2920." The drone once again pushed the triangle shaped button. With that final click the drone left leaving Zim alone in the cold and musty cell.

Zim listened to the drone's steps fade away. Zim silently begged for the drone to return. To talk about anything or to even beat him, but of course that never happened. Drones weren't souppoused to talk to prisoners or patients just tend to them, report, and leave.

"Maybe they can talk! They just don't want to talk to you!" Zim flinched at the voice.

He forcibly turned his eyes towards the voice. An Irken stood to his right. It evilly smirked at Zim. "What's with that fear in your eyes? Don't I bring you pleasure? Joy?" The Irken spoke with each word it took a step towards Zim.

Zim turned his eyes back toward the steel floor below him. He hated the Irken. It's voice pounded into Zim's head like the bell in-

"School? That's what your thinking about really? Geez you're so desperate for someone to talk to you thought about school." The Irken squatted down bringing it's face closer to Zim. "I'm not that bad you know."

Zim chose not to respond to the Irken. The Irken sighed and stood straight walking around the room. With every step it took it would click it's tounge. Zim looked up finding the Irkens form. It looked like Zim, except it's skin was the color of a dead leaf. Lifeless green. That's what Zim called it anyway.

"You know you're a failure. You conquered the planet Earth and all its stupid meat sacks. And then you lost it all in under ten fucking minutes." The Irken said with venom and hatred.

Zim pulled his legs into himself and whimpered at the Irkens ruthless eyes. Zim couldn't fight the thing. No matter what Zim did he couldn't get it out of his system. System? System!

Zim pushed out his legs and looked at his arm. Zim began searching his arm for the hole the drone had made. Zim perked up at finally finding the hole.

"Congratulations you found the hole. Now fucking what you dumbass?" The Irken chuckled at him.

Zim looked up at the Irken. And for the first time in 2920 days he smirked. The Irken's red eyes grew in fear and anger.

"Don't you fucking dare! You utterly stupid defe-"

Zim bared his teeth and bit into his arm. Zim cringed at the unusual sweet taste of his blood. Zim opened his mouth and spit out the sweet flavor of his blood. From what knowledge Zim carried, Irken blood held a strong metallic taste not sweet. Zim watched as his arm bled dark pink onto the concrete. Irken blood was bright translucent pink, not dark pink.