Kiss Me Like You Mean It

"I'm sorry." Josh says. I don't say anything and he starts walking away.

        "Josh." I finally say, catching up to him.

        "Yeah?"

        "It's okay," I say. "Everything is okay." I smile and Josh slips his hand into mine. We start on our way back home.

        "I was worried you didn't feel the same way about me." Josh says quietly. 

        "Josh," I say. "I never imagined you ever thought of me as anything more than a friend."

        "Carly Rae Jepsen," He says, looking into my eyes. "Ever since I met you, I knew you were special. I always wanted to be around you." At this point, we've stopped walking and Josh is holding both of my hands. "As I got to know you more, I knew you were smart and beautiful and I wanted to get to know you more. I spent nights writing songs about you."

        "Joshua Ramsay," I say. "All those nights you helped me write songs, they were about you. You have no idea how much I care about you."

        "I think I do." Josh kisses me on the cheek and at that moment, it starts raining. I look at Josh and we start laughing. Josh gives me his sweatshirt and we make a run for his house.

        When we get to the front door, Josh tries to open it, but it won't open.

        "Um, I left my keys inside. . ." Josh says. "Oh, my spare key!"

        "Um, I left that inside," I say. "Along with my car keys."

        "What are we going to do?"

        "We could walk back to your place and I can call the guys in the morning."

        "Okay," I say. "Let's start walking."

        When we get back to my place, we are drenched. The rain has yet to lighten up and and we are soaked to the bone and shivering. Josh grabs my extra house key from under my welcome mat and opens the door.

        "Take your wet shoes off." I tell Josh.

        "I know, I know," He says. "I'm going upstairs to change."

        Josh has extra clothes here because you never know when he'll forget something. He has left so many things of his here over the years and I put them all in my guest room.

        I go upstairs to my room and change into dry clothes.

        "Josh!" I yell while gathering my pile of wet material. 

        "Yeah?"

        "You must be freezing," I say. "Since I stole your jacket."

        "I'll be fine." He says, walking out of the guest room.

        "Give me your wet clothes," I say. "I'll put them in the dryer. Go downstairs and make us some hot chocolate."

        "Yes ma'am." He says jokingly. 

        I give him a kiss on the cheek and walk downstairs and go to my laundry room. I put the clothes in the dryer and go out into the kitchen. Josh is struggling with trying to open the hot cocoa mix. I laugh and help him. After we make our drinks, we sit down on my couch.

        "I'm sorry I read your wish." Josh says.

        "I'm not," I say. "How else would I have found out that you liked me?"