real life

Today is my last day with Malina before going home. My plan to become friends with Avi failed. I tried to make things right and she told me we could be friends if I stayed away from Louis and when I told her that I wanted to stay friends with Louis she refused to be friends (actually she told me to fuck off but that's not the point).
Now I'm at the airport ready to fly home. I hug Malina tightly. "Come back soon and visit," she says.
"I'll be back in three weeks for my birthday, I promise," I tell her and we break apart. I give Dylan a high five and tell him how I was glad to have met him. Avi was scowling at me but I smiled at her anyway. Then I was standing in front of Louis. He opened his mouth to speak but before he could get any word out I interrupted. "Let me go first," I tell him. "I know we haven't talked in a few days but I'm really hoping we can put our last conversation behind us and just be friends," I say.
"Yeah, that sounds good." He says with a smile. I pull him into a hug and he hugs me back. When I pull away I can feel Avi glaring at me but I don't care.
"Flight 241 to Phoenix, Arizona is now boarding," the intercom speaks.
"That's my flight," I say. I hug Malina one last time, briefly hug Dylan and kiss Louis on the cheek. I can see his face turn bright red and I blush a little too. Another announcement is made and I turn towards my gate and wave as I walk away.