I

As promised, two updates in 24 hours, so here's the first one!
The second book update would be up in a while.
Happy Reading.💚🐥

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chapter One
Opportunities?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I'm so sick of this
fake love, fake love, fake love
I'm so sorry but it's
fake love, fake love, fake love

Yet another morning, as usual humming while making myself some breakfast.

burnt toasts with a glass of oj

Sitting on my couch, I took a sip of my juice and started the job search.

yet again!

My routine has been the same for the last two weeks, waking up and struggling for a job the whole day. I have decided that if I don't get a job today, it would be the end for me.

that's what I told myself everyday

Highlighting a few contact details given in the newspaper, I took hold of my phone and started dialling the given digits, with a hope to get a job. It's been 4 months since I've got my degree, but as we know, jobs in our aren't granted to those who are qualified enough but to those who can fill their pockets with a good enough amount of money or maybe to someone who belongs to an influential family.

"Arghh! Not again! Why do they give advertisements for vacancies if the post is taken already or they already it reserved for someone. This is the last one! If not this then I'll stop looking for jobs!"

******1108

After typing the number, I clicked on the green call button and heard the ring.

"The number you are trying to contact is currently busy on another line. Please try again later or leave a message after a beep."

Heck!

I banged my fist on the table in front of the couch. Maybe getting a job so easily wasn't in my fate.

"That's it! I am not going to try anything else now!"

I took the last bite of my burnt toast and gulped the left over juice. Collecting the dishes, I walked towards the kitchen to do the dishes. Once done with the dishes, I decided to watch TV since I was free and I had nothing to do, so why not!

Shuffling through the channels I heard my phone ring, announcing the call to be from my brother. Rolling my eyes, I extended my hand to grab my phone and answered it.

As usual I got lectured about not giving up no matter what life throws at me. Honestly, I have been through a lot of tough times that now I think I am god's favourite way to pass time.

Bored? Oh, let's play with Parth's life.

Huh!

Before ending the call, my brother gave me the phone number of one of his friends relatives or someone, to try in their firm once, as according to him they might take me in. I looked at the number that I scribbled on the notepad kept in front of me, on the table.

******1109

Sighing loudly, I decided to try it once, for the sake of my brother. I punched in the digits.

******1108

"This number is already available in my recently dialled numbers? Okay, whatever, let me try and get rejected once again."