Chapter Seven - He's back.

It was early in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I woke up from a nightmare, that I couldn't stop thinking about it. My father had found my mom and started abusing her and questioning her about where I was. The nightmare ended when he was arrested, watching him being pulled out of the house by policeman. He gave me a death glare, he yelled as they pushed him into the car "I'm coming for you". It made me wake up in a cold sweat.

I sat up and walked over to the window. It was 5:46 in the morning, I watched as the neighbors leaving for work and heading on with their life. A car pulled into the driveway of my aunt's house, I wondered who it could be. Mmm, my aunt must have a boyfriend. I thought to myself. The engine of his car cut off and the drivers door flew open. He was tall, had a nice hair cut & looked sharp but tired. His suit looked wore out from the day. I couldn't see his face from the view only everything else.

He closed the car door and started walking towards the house. In a few seconds, I heard his knocking. I could hear my aunt feet walking downstairs. I didn't want to be noisy, but I had to figure out who this guy was. I crept down the stairs slowly and started ear hustling to their conversation.

"Hey..."

"What are you doing here?"

"I came too see my baby."

"Well she's sleeping."

"Please Angela!"

"I an not about wake up my niece just because you want to see her & it's too damn early. Goodbye Eric!"

"Alright, when can I see her?"

"Maybe.. This afternoon."

He sighed , "Okay....When you tell her, I'll be coming around."

"Okay."

I heard the door shut from the living room which echoed through the halls. I went back up stairs quitely and closed my bedroom door behide me. I ran over to the window and watched as his car pulled out of the driveway.

Why was he here? Why would I want to see him? He's a monster. The monster, I've been scared of all these years. At one point he used to be the best dad in the world, but that changed. I fell into my bed , I pulled the covers over top of me and closed my eye's.

~~~~~

I woke up from the buzzing of my phone next to my desk. I saw that Jacob sent me a text: Hey Beautiful, meet me at my house. I'll be out back! . I smiled at the fact he called me beautiful. It lightened my day. I pulled the covers off of me and got up out bed. I went into the bathroom and started getting ready.

I stepped out of the bathroom, fully dressed and fixed my hair into a simple bun. I let my bang fall into my face. I went downstairs and saw my aunt there too. She was drinking tea from her favorite mug. I pour me a bowl of cereal and sat in front of her.

"Morning Aunt Angela!"

"Morning sweetie." Her voice was a little hoarse.

"Catching a cold?" I asked

"I think its the allergies, this summer"

"Ooh."

I finished eating and asked my aunt can I hang with Jacob today. She nodded her head yes and I left the kitchen. I went up to my room and grabbed my phone. I went back down stairs and headed outside.

It was a warm day. The breeze was blowing in the right direction every now and then. I walked down a couple of houses to where Jacobs place was. I cut through the grass and heard men groaning.

Through the bushes I stepped from. Jacob was playing basketball with another guy that was dark skin and almost the same height as Jacob. He looked a little like him too. Two other guys were sitting on the side. They both had dread looks, brown eyes and looked fine. One had a medium brown complexion and the other was brown skin. I watched as Jacob continued on playing. He finished off by dunking on last shoot and look over at me. He smiled as he gave his friends gap.

Jacob

I finished off the game with my pops. He was out of breathe and in the house. I saw Remi standing over by the hushes not to far from me. She looked beautiful as always. She smiled when she caught me looking her way. I walked over tontge boys and gave gap.

"Aye man! who that cutie over there?" Issa checking her out.

"Remi. Why?"

"She fineee." He said waving at her.

"Well she'll be mineee" I laughed.

"Okay Jacob , I see you." Jaquees came in

"He gotta boo-thanggg." They chimed in.

"Okay, okay whatever."

"The girls having a party tonight , you coming?"

"Yeah!"

"Alright, see you later!

Remi was waiting on and I didn't want to keep her waiting.

"Alright bro!"

"Okay man."

I gave them dap before they left and headed Remi's way. A smile came on face as she hugged me.

Remi

Jacob released me from his arms to let me go.

"So what did you wanted to do?" I asked

"Hmmm, wanna go shopping?"

"Haha, you really want to go shopping?"

"For you, I'll do it."

"Aww, Jacob that's so sweet but I'm not gonna make you suffer."

"Okay. You have any idea's?" He asked me

"Uh. What about let's go get something to eat?"

"Yas! That's good cause I'm hungry."

I giggled at his reaction. "

"I'll be right back, I'm going to tell my mom were heading out. Oh! and my car is in the front."

"Ok." I smiled and headed back to the front. I waited patiently on the porch. Jacob came out , cleaned up without the musty and sweat smell from before. He unlocked the car doors and opened the door for me. I got inside the drivers side and buckle in my seat belt. Jacob turned on the radio and pulled out of the driveway.