Chapter Five

Remi 

As we walked outside together, I saw a black jeep waiting outside in the front of the house. There was a light skin lady waiting in the driver's side with the window rolled down, listening to the radio. As we got to the car, Jacob opened the door for me and I hopped into the jeep with Jacob stepping in right behide me. I sat on the left side moving closer to the window. Jacob sat the right with the nearest window leaving the gap space between us. 

"Hey Sweetie! You must be Remi?" There was a short, light brown complexion lady in the front seat.

"Yes!" I said with a slight smile on my face. 

"I'm Jacob's Mom, Tish. It's nice to meet you." She said, she had a warm smile on her face.

"It's nice to meet you too, Ms. Tish." I said smiling at her.

We pulled off heading to the studio were Jacob was recording his new single. He wanted me to come, I don't know what for, but I tag along. The car ride was silence between us. Soon, Ms.Tish broke it.

"Soooo, Remi do you sing?" She asked me.

"Uh, yeah a little bit." I was looking out of the window, watching things passed us when my phone buzzed in my lap. I picked up my phone & saw a text from Jacob. I looked over to him & smirked at him.

Jacob text message: "Hey, I wanted the producer & record label to hear you cause I know how much you love singing."

Me: "Jacob thanks, but I'm really scared."

Jacob: "Remi, I'll be there with you."

I sighed as I sent the next text to him & he replied back with a smile. For some reason, he has totally captured my heart  even though were teenagers. We pulled up in the parking, outside a of small building. Ms. Tish pulled to entrance and  Jacob got out and opened my door for me. We walked inside, I followed be hide Jacob. We stopped in front of an elevator. The elevator dingged opening and letting out a girl that was medium brown complexion, she was a bit taller then me, with green dip ends of her hair. She looked me up and down and walked over to Jacob. She tried hugging but he pushed her away.

"Jacob baby, why you gotta be like that? & who is that chick that keep starring at us." she said looking back at me.

"Jacob," I called out before he called her, "We gotta go!"

I'm getting tired of her voice already and I don't even know her, lil stanky ratchet bish. Jacob pulled away from her and got in the elevator with me. She gave me the eye and I was bout to stick my middle figure up but Jacob closed the doors.

"Who was that?" I said making a stank face.

"An ex." He said as we got on the third floor.

"Wow." I said under my breathe.

I was walking behide him down the hall, he opened the door and lead me in.  It was huge, some many buttons and monitors made me a bit scared. I looked around a bit more seeing records on the walls of singers that I knew. Jacob gave gap to some do that must of been apart of this studio. He looked over at me smiling.

"Hey Dapo, this is Remi, I was telling you about yesterday" He said winking at me.

"Jacob tells me you got a voice. Do you?" He said leaning back in his chair.

"I guess." I said looking at the floor.

"Oh, okay, pretty girl, show me what you got!" He said pulling up to me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, I started singing Beyonce - Mine. Jacob handled Drake part, we kept going until the second chorus. Once I was done, Ms. Tish walked in. Dapo the producer looked a bit surprised. He released a smile at me.

"You did good!" He said 

"I heard as I was walking down the hall. You have a good voice honey." Ms. Trish said be side me.

"Okay, I'll talk to Peter. If he can hook you up." He motion Jacob to into the studio.

Jacob stepped into the booth, he placed his earphones on and waited for Dapo to point him to sing. When he was done recording, it was hours to get the verses perfect and in place. I was playing on my phone when he stepped out.  He tapped me on the shoulder, it was 6:55 when we left. 

(Sorry, if its boring & short.)