Chapter 15

After the Blue Stripes commandos overwhelmed me, they threw me into a prison wagon and knocked me out with something very potent, considering how I was unconscious for a good 2 hours. When I awoke, I was chained to a wall and stripped of my armor and weapons. In front of me seemed to be the leader of the commandos, the famous Vernon Roche. He looked at me and said, "Well, what do I have before me, a witcher of the school of the wolf. I knew a famous witcher from the school, where he is I don't know." "What do want with me?" I asked. He gave the reply that he wanted information, his scouts reported seeing me leaving Dol Blathanna with a pouch of coin strapped to my belt. They thought I was collaborating with the Scoia'tael, who wanted to bring about the end of racism to nonhumans by fighting.
Roche had explained how he had heard of witchers working with the Scoia'tael before, to kill kings. I knew what he was talking about, a certain viper school witcher was seen leaving with a band of Scoia'tael after he had assassinated King Foltest of Temeria. Given this, I understood where they were coming from. I told them that I was in no way affiliated with any political agenda, including that of the Scoia'tael. Roche had thought I was lying and said I was given a serum while I was unconscious that causes a mere touch on my scars to feel like I'm receiving the wound all over again.
As Roche left the room, he sent a torturer to run a hand across my scars as. The first one was the leshen scar across my chest, I yelled in fury and agony, as he kept going. Eventually, my anger and agony caused my transformation to occur. As soon as my mop of black hair went white and my amber eyes went red, I broke free from the chains and went to my jailer. I quickly put my hands around his neck and snapped it without any difficulty. Afterwards, more soldiers came from the entrance and somehow subdued me.
Once I came to, I awoke this time chained to the ground in front of a mage. The mage had said that the Blue Stripes left me with him after I killed my jailor. He also explained how he wanted to test the physical endurance of witchers, now that he had the ideal subject in his clutches. He started walking towards me with what seemed like a cattle brand and attempted to burn a strange symbol on me, I thrashed around and knocked the brand out of his hands as I used the heat of the brand to weaken the links of my manacles which bound me to the ground. The mage tried to cast a sleep spell on me, which seemed like what knocked me out twice already, so all the spell did this time was slow me down a little. I walked up to the mage and branded him. He yelled in pain and uttered a spell which shocked me. The shock didn't do much to me besides leave some burn scars along my side. The mage got up and tried to reach for a dagger to try to kill me. I managed to reach my gear and got my steel which I used to decapitate him in his own laboratory.
I looked around and found a portal and a nearby magic crystal. I put the crystal in its socket and charged it with a blast of aard. I entered the portal and ended up falling into a lake somewhere in Velen. I swam to shore and set up a makeshift camp where I could reequip my armor and swords and rest up. Along the shore there where 6 drowners eating the remains of what looked like a cow that drowned nearby. I drew my silver and started working. The drowners started all attacking me at once, I rolled out of the way and cut one of them in half. The other 5 drowners tried attacking again, but it was still child's play. In a matter of minutes, I killed the rest and set up camp.
I soon realized that something was missing; Wasp, my trusty horse. I whistled in vain, but to my surprise, Wasp walked out of the lake in front of me. I tied Wasp up to a nearby tree and rested up for the next hunt. I heard that there's a slyzard in upper Aedirn that needs to be taken care of, but for now, I just wanted to rest and talk to someone, luckily, I knew just who to talk to.