Ash and Kenny got into battle positions. Kenny sent out Prinplup and Ash sent out Pikachu. Ash started off by telling Pikachu to use quick attack. Kenny told his Prinplup to attack with drill peck. "Spin and dodge Pikachu" said Ash. Pikachu dodged with the spin move before Prinplup could peck him. "Thunder wave" said Ash. Pikachu zapped Prinplup with thunder wave and Prinplup became paralyzed. Dawn thought that thunder wave was a very useful move and she should have her Pachirisu learn that. Kenny thought that Ash was good, but he wasn't giving up yet. "Prinplup bubble beam" he said. Prinplup fired bubbles towards Pikachu, but Pikachu used dig to dodge. "Now Pikachu thunderbolt" said Ash. Pikachu fired thunderbolt at Prinplup. Prinplup tried to use metal claw to use it as a lightning rod to prevent from getting too much damage from Pikachu, but Prinplup was paralyzed and couldn't do the attack and was shocked by the thunderbolt hard. "Now Pikachu finish this off with iron tail" said Ash. Pikachu struck Prinplup hard with iron tail, before it could do anything, and it fainted. So Ash was the winner of the battle.

Dawn knew that Kenny would lose to Ash, but she didn't rub it in. "It's no wonder you were able to defeat Zoey Ash" said Kenny, while he tended to Prinplup. "It's as I said to Zoey, Pikachu and I have grown strong together over the last four and a half years" said Ash. Through the rest of that day Kenny spent time looking at Dawn's other pokemon Buneary, Pachirisu, Burmy, Smoochum and Ariados, and asking Ash questions about his past journeys. Another thing that happened was Prinplup managed to become friends with Dawn's Piplup and Dawn's Piplup learnt a new move whirlpool. So today was quite a good day.

So since Kenny was going to take part in the Floaroma contest, Dawn knew she would have to deal with two rivals in this contest.

The next day it was time for the Floaroma Contest. Marian did the usual introductions and showed off the Floaroma Ribbon. The ribbons were orange with a white stripe on each end. In the dressing room Ash, Kenny and Dawn were waiting for the contest to begin. Ash was wearing a blue tunic, white trousers, brown belt, brown boots and gloves, a blue hat and a red cape. (This outfit is the knight outfit he wore in the episode legend of the pokemon knight) Kenny was wearing a white shirt, black tie, a jade green waistcoat, a jade green jacket with yellow markings, jade green trousers with yellow markings, a red sash, white socks and black shoes. Dawn was wearing her pick dress, but it had yellow roses on it and she had her hair tied long with a red hair ribbon with also two big curls on the front and two yellow hair barrettes and she also had a bigger red ribbon tied round the back. Kenny couldn't stop staring at Dawn in her dress; truth is he really liked her despite he liked to tease her so much. The tree rivals promised that they wouldn't go easy on each other.

It was soon time for the contest to begin and Dawn was first in the preliminary rounds. She sent out her Pachirisu with a line seal, and this one created blue lines. Pachirisu broke the blue lines with his electricity and blue particles were created. Pachirisu landed on his tail, but the tail slipped on the stage and he began rolling around. Because of that poor Pachirisu started to get stage fright. Dawn had an idea; she had a poffin in her pocket and threw it to Pachirisu. Since poffins were Pachirisu's weakness he got out of his stage shock at once and grabbed the poffin while using spark. Then Pachirisu used discharge which lit up the area, and then he used sweet kiss to finish it off. It wasn't bad, but Dawn still had some more work to do to make Pachirisu work better in contests.

After Dawn was a Buizel, a Magmar, a Sealeo, a Magneton, a Koffing and a pokemon called a Kricketune. Kricketune was a black, red and cream coloured cricket pokemon, and it was a bug type pokemon. Next up was Ash and he sent out Staravia with a smoke seal, and this one created white smoke. To start off, Ash commanded Staravia to use aerial ace. Not only did Staravia show how fast he was, he also made the smoke break apart. "Now Staravia it's time to use whirlwind" said Ash. Ash threw a lot of ripped pieces of paper into the air while Staravia used whirlwind. The pieces of paper flew all around by the wind like they were dancing. Then Staravia air cutter to break the papers into smaller pieces and the paper fell like snow. Kenny thought that Ash was good with contests.