Chapter Five Jace's P.O.V.

Chapter Five

Jace's P.O.V.

"Babe, why don't you go take a nice hot shower? I will have someone bring you some clothes." I told Mia in the softest voice I could manage.

She was starring off into space and turned to look at me, her hazel eyes had that sparkle in them the day we met in the forest, now they have hardened into stone. She is holding something back from me; I can see it in her eyes. What is it though, I have no idea. I just hope she can trust me enough and love me enough to tell me soon so I can help her.

"Okay" she said in a whisper.

I embraced her in a hug and kissed the top of her forehead, "It is right through that door" I said pointing towards the big door closest to the window, "Towels are underneath the sink."

I reluctantly let her go; now that I have my mate I don't ever want her to leave me, no matter what happened. I heard the door softly shut then went over to sit on my bed that smelled of her scent. She smelled like cherry blossoms and lavender, and cinnamon. Like her personality, cinnamon for the feisty part of her, cherry blossoms and lavender for the soft and sweet I see in her beautiful smile and just how she can act when she lets her guard down. The first moment I saw her, I found it weird for a human to be walking in the woods, but after I heard that voice in my head saying that she was mine. I felt so happy. I had finally found my mate. My parents were so in love and every time my dad looked at my mom you could see the twinkle in his eyes and he would smile every time he saw her. They were together for 10 years before...that day....

I was eight years old, I wasn't in school because here, we don't have school we learn what our parents teach us; from reading books, then when we turn 13 and become our werewolf, we can be a all the time fighter or patroller, (which most men do) or stay at home, and finish learning things about our world and the human world, (most women do). So long story short the women were the smarter ones because they stayed home and learned things while the men always were in the fights with the rouges, or other packs.

I was outside tackling Andrew, while Michelle, Helen, and Hannah, and a bunch of other kids watched. We were just in a meadow, l was currently winning, I had Andrew pinned to the ground and he was just about to give up, when we heard howls. We all knew those howls; those were signals for 'get home now'. I got up off of Andrew and gave him a look and we all started to run back toward the pack house, where we stay during the day time. We got there within thirty seconds but it was long enough for the attack to start. Wolves were everywhere. Covered in blood, some had detached limbs; I was looking through the wolves when I saw my father, Keith, fighting a rouge. The rouge had him by the neck with his razor sharp teeth, and the next thing my dad raised his front paws and pushed the rouge into a tree, and you could hear the tree splintering. I turned to look away, only to find my mom, Carol, battling a wolf too. This attack must have been pretty bad to have the women fighting too. She ended up on her back and another rogue on top of her and its paw rose in the air. It was going for a death blow. The only way you can kill a wolf is if you scratch your mating mark permantley, it weakens you until there is nothing left. I could only stare; tears welled up into my eyes. Her big wolf head turned to the side looking at me, sensing my presence. I was probably only 50 yards away and her eyes said it all. The rouge made the death blow that ended her life as well as my father's. My father was still fighting as strong as ever, but once your mate is hurt, you will eventually die too. No one can live without their mate. My dad let out a chilling howl that I will remember for the rest of my life. He ran over and lay beside my mother still in his wolf form; chaos still going on everywhere. The tears ran freely down my face. My parents are gone, and they aren't coming back.