Part 8

The alarm sounds again, that loud alarm blaring that an intruder was near screamed even louder in the dining hall. Suddenly the doors were blasted open and the women all went running into the kitchen. I covered my face from the blast but Jork was faster and had me on the ground under his large body as the shrapnel from the door come flying down around us.

Taking a glance behind the large red mammoth on top of me, I catch a glimpse of blue skin as shots are fired from both sides. It was a quick sighting but I knew instantly it was Morin. My heart fluttered at the thought that he came to save me. I know I haven't made this whole marriage thing easy, I have been a total bitch towards him and I have tried to end things more times than I can count, but he still came.

It makes me wonder if what he said has any truth to it, I always assumed he said I was his true mate just to have a wife on his arm. His playboy reputation is despised by his parents, they feel he needs a real prize on his arm not just some hooker. I figured the reason they chose me is because I would fill that role in public, between my parents and his we would be the perfect couple in the eye of the media which in turn would boost both businesses.

It didn't matter, whatever the reason he has still showed up to save my ass even if I don't feel I deserve it. A shot bounced off Jork's large back as I tried to get up and away. Instead he rolled us under the table and knocked it over for cover.

"You're a pathetic fool! I did you a favor taking your responsibility away from you. You could have continued sleeping with any and every woman of your choice once she disappeared. I know your parents are forcing this on both of you." Jork hollers out to Morin, I tense up waiting to hear what Morin has to say.

"It doesn't matter if we are being forced or not, I do not appreciate anyone taking what is mine. Plus, not that you care, I truly do love Elizabeth." More shots hit the table, making the end closest to me explode, my instinct is to cover my head but instead I go to turn sideways away from Jork to try and run to Morin but I don't make it very far before my ankle is grabbed and I am thrown down to the ground.

"Not so fast Precious, you aren't getting away that easily." He yanked me back, causing my ankle and knee to protest. I scream out in pain as he drags my body back to him, I throw myself back into his body using the momentum in an attempt to escape but his hand doesn't let go of my ankle.

"Elizabeth, I'm coming for you darling." I could hear the gun shots increase and footsteps coming closer. Quickly my body is picked up, my knee and ankle protesting to the fact that I am standing. Letting out another scream of pain my hair is yanked holding my head up in the air to make room for the knife that's held to my throat.

I look up and my eyes meet the electric green of Morin's familiar eyes, they seem to dilate over the short distance between us as he focuses on me. I can read the fear in his eyes, although I don't understand why until I feel the sting from the blade cutting my skin.

"Don't move or I will harm her pretty little face." I tried to struggle, screaming at Morin in desperation.

"Don't listen to him Morin, shoot him. Don't worry about me." The barrel of a blaster is then pressed hard into my temple as I hear the whirr of the charger, the knife now gone and Jork's laughter is chilling.

"Don't fool yourself Precious, you are one of many of my bed maidens. Yes, you are the first I didn't treat like a total whore but you are still replaceable. Remember what I want I get, if I don't want it any more I just destroy it." He gloats about how expendable I am, which then gives me an idea, I still have those knives on me. Smirking and sending Morin a wink I make a typical sarcastic comment.