ch5

When class finishes, i leave the room and head in the direction of my locker. Then, someone grabs onto my shoulder. I spin around.
"Hey" Elizabeth says smiling slightly.
"Oh, hi again" i stammer. She laughs a little.
"So, can i come to your place?"
I stare at her in shock. A popular wants to come to my house? Oh my god.
"To work on the project" she explains.
Oh yeah. The project. I'm an idiot.
"Uh y-yeah, sure"
"Great!" she pulls out her phone and puts out her other hand. I look at it confused. She laughs "Give me your phone"
I give it to her and she types in her number than sends herself a text. "There. I'll see you later ok?" she says turning to meet up with Tessa who is down the hall waiting for her.
"Sure. Bye Li-" i catch sight of Tessa eyeing me, "Elizabeth" she smiles and sways off to Tessa who was surrounded by all of the other populars. All of them get together before lunch so they can all make an entrance as a group.!Tessa immediately starts striding down the hall, her red hair soaring, followed promptly by Elizabeth and Bella and then the rest of the cheerleaders and the footballers.

I would really like to judge Elizabeth off of the friends that she has but i can't. Because, if i were a footballer i would definitely hang out in that group. I would finally be in the upper tier.

***

"So..." she trails off, taking a sip of the coffee she had bought before coming, "which historical event should we do the project on?"
We sit in my living room with our history books spread across the table.
"I think...the tsar, ruler of russia," i state, hoping she'll agree with my choice .
She nods her head and i flick a couple of pages forward in my textbook.

"The pages that we'll need are pages 68 to 75, Elizabeth." i inform her. She quickly says "Please, call me Liz. It seems unnatural to say my full name."
"But Tessa said not t-"
"Well Tessa isn't here so please do. But maybe in public, call me Elizabeth." she laughs a little.
I smile in her direction.

We make notes generally in silence the rest of the time, her occasionally asking questions about the project. One question caught me off guard, "How's Coco?" I didn't think she would remember to be honest. "Uh he's good"
She smiles politely at the minimum length of the sentence. I hate admitting it to myself but i too find myself admiring the populars and wanting to be them. Fuck.

After an hour or so, we decide to call it quits. She packs her backpack and get up to leave. Shes just turning to go out the exit when she lightly catches my arm. I turn around.
"Hey, so i was just wondering if you would walk with me back to the school." i look at her confused as to why she wants to go back, "i still have to go to cheer" she elaborates, "that's why i wanted to work at your house and not mine. You live only a 15minute walk away. I am a little disappointed that that is the only reason she wanted to work at mine.I nod out of understanding but keep the confused look on my face. She is openly inviting herself to be seen with an unpopular. "Are you sure?"
Now she looks confused "Why would i not be?"
"I just thought because you're a popular and i'm not it woul-"
"It's late, hardly anyone's around" she interrupts.
"I guess"

***

"Do you play an instrument?" she asks me while we walk.
"Ehh yeah. I play piano".
"So do i. I love playing it. It's so relaxing" she says, getting into the musical state of mind.
"That's great. Who's your new teacher?"
"Her names Mrs Sinclair."
"God she's so annoying" i roll my eyes.
"Exactly!" she exclaims, "like, i know the right time to use the pedal thank you"
We both laugh but stop when we reach the school. "I'll see you around Scott" she says softly, biting her lip. She almost seems sad.
"Yeah, see you".
She turns and runs in the direction of the school.

elizabeth walking to school

elizabeth drinking coffee at his house

this story will 100% continue.

who can tell me what show the above gif is from?

have a great day!