Raheem Jan_UK

Aslamo alikom everyone

Reminder: if this is a time for any prayer please go ahead pray then come back!

Actually this story is a very dear to my heart

Dedicated to @Modestmuslimah I just love her masha Allah

*******************

He's a famous musician whom Allah guided just by simple words that we read daily. Those simple words completely changed his life and made him to live happily with Quran.

He's Raheem Jan

"I was born in London and lived there all my life. My father was Indian. In 1940, he moved to London but he originally was of Arabian roots, Al-Hijaz. My mother and my father met in London and got married. My mum was Irish Catholic so we were raised in liberal family; not really following one faith more than another. In fact, we were following no faith"

When he was asked about his family he said,

"I'm 42 years old mashaa Allah and married for 18... 19 years nearly and alhamdulillah I've five children"

Raheem was so fond of music that once he finished his study in college, he started to work in music rightaway even though his parents opposed such decision. He started with a small project and started to succeed until he worked in one of the very famous record companies

"I went to work in one of the very famous record companies in the world, tha's Motown Records and at Motown, this was when I started really to mix with different people so if I was to think about some people I met, some of the people I worked with... I worked with Steve Wonder and Steve Wonder is one of the biggest recording artists in the world. I also organized or was a part of the team organizing Steve Wonder's 48th birthday party and the launch of his album, Jungle Fever. And I worked on the sound tracts to films. I worked on the sound tracts to Terminator 2. I worked on many others...in fact many of the single works I worked on won platinum and diamonddisks that we used to have. We used to get awarded all those disks"

Raheem was raised in a house not really concerned with religion. When he was asked about his religion before Islam, he said

"We didn't have any pressure to follow any religion. My brother, my sister and myself went away from Islamso by the time I was responsible for my own actions, I wasn't following anything! I wasn't Christian. My mother was Christian but I wasn't Christian and Islam wasn't in my life. But really my religion was more than anything else; it was music. This was my deen (religion). My deen was music."

Unfortuanltely, this is the case with so many Muslim youth; infatuated by music and songs. This is the case with those who follow their desires and considered it as their god, Aozu'billah. Allah says:

أَرَأَيْتَ مَنِ اتَّخَذَ إِلَهَهُ هَوَاهُ

Have you seen him who takes his low desires for his god?

"When I look back now, there were certain steps that brought me closer to Islam"

When he was asked about the first time his heart pulsated to Islam, he said:

"For me, it was because of the relationship I had with my closest cousin and my friend. We used to live like this," he said while bringing the index of his two hands together side by side, "two brothers all the way up until eighteen years old. At eighteen years old, every summer we used to go for holiday together and this one summer, we made plan for the holiday aand... he phoned me and He said: I have bad news. Bad news!