Reunited For Good

His parents woke up clear as day this morning. Dougal hugged them both just as hard as he hugged The Blue Glow yesterday.

"Dougal," His mother coughed once, "I'm sorry for the way I've treated you all of these years. It's just..." She paused, and looked at the ground in shame.

"Mom, don't worry. I understand. I have the problem too." He assured her.

"Not as bad as mine though!" she laughed, but it sounded nervous.

"Mom, really, I'm fine." He beamed at her. She beamed back, and hugged him again. Once she let go of her grasp, he glanced at his father.

"Dougal, I'm very sorry you had to go through all of this pain."

"It's all good Dad, really. I feel more fresh than ever before." Dougal smiled.

"Well... I have something I've been wanting and needing to tell you all of these years... I've seen The Blue Glow too. It helped me through my abusive childhood life."

"Really?" Dougal's mother looked beyond amazed.

"Yes, I'm sorry I didn't tell you too, dear Edith." he sighed.

"We all are fine, Mom and Dad. So, let's just let all of the happiness in, then we can leave." Dougal said.

"Alright, son." his dad beamed, then they all hugged as one little group once more.

And they all had a great, normal life.

*****

I really hope this short story wasn't too bad guys. If you still liked it, thanks. :)