A guest, a threat, or..?

Nerd knew he needed permission to leave the lab, he didn't even bother trying to go towards the door. His gaze was shifting between the tie clip and Geno's bagged face. He waited, not sure what was about to happen but nervous nonetheless.

Geno tsked and took the tie clip out of Nerd's hand, he noticed Nerd's bewildered expression furrow into one of suppressed fear as he fastened the device to Nerd's tie. "I'd... Like it very much if you wore that tie clip everyday..." Geno spoke softly, using these meek tones he rarely uses sincerely.

Nerd calmed as Geno withdrew, giving his space back. He smiled, "O-okay, boss." That felt so... Odd, to say it. To admit to being the lesser being. Nerd wasn't used to it.

"Anyway, uh. You see that door over there? The one that looks about as big as that back wall?" Geno motioned to the far side of the lab. He'd moved the false wall out of place beforehand, just to show Nerd what he was talking about.

"Y-yes sir..." Nerd paused, tilting his head at the door he'd turned to look at. He fiddled with his light grey vest, making sure it was situated properly. He then did the same with his light blue dress shirt, and black tie. He was just fidgety, curious. "Wh-what about it..?"

"Never go behind those doors." Geno said without much hesitation. The light tones from earlier quickly replaced with ominous ones. "You will find Death awaiting you behind that door...." He watched Nerd shy away from the door. Good, as expected.

"Y-yes sir, n-no... No touching a the d-door.." Nerd fiddled with his light grey gloves. "A-anything else, sir..?" He faced Geno, expectantly awaiting orders.

"Uh.. Go...." Geno huffed, giving himself a half facepalm, he was at a loss as to what tasks would be appropriate - given Nerd's condition. "... write down what being hit with that device felt like.. You know which one. I need to know, for uh, research..." He crossed his arms, his black labcoat sassily swaying from the hipline as Geno leaned to the right slightly. "Plus, it'll be good excessive for mindfulness..."

Nerd flinched, shutting his eyes. He quivered, hating the memory. But, orders were orders... "Y-yes sir..." Nerd muttered, sighing defeatedly as his gaze opened towards the ground. He was then let out of the lab and dismissed to perform his task.

Geno exited the lab shortly after, unable to name or comprehend the pangs of guilt and regret tearing at his chest. He left the house without notifying Nerd, but came back inside with a Black Hat about thirty minutes later. "Thank you so much, sir, I'm sure White Hat will appreciate your help..."

The Black Hat grinned, feeling as though he was on the winning end of this manipulation game. He'd claimed to be one of the kinder versions of himself- one of the 'brother' Hats- in response to Geno acting like his White Hat was sick. Just so he could come over here and finally assert dominance, snatch a quick victory while his foe is weakened.

Nerd was out in the entrance hall, near his bedroom doorway, writing while leaning his back to a wall. He had no idea of what was to come, when he saw Geno and Black Hat at the door. At first he waved meekly, but...  something felt off and his meek little smile turned into a slight frown.

"So, White Hat...?" The Black Hat approached, eyeing the shorter, paler, weaker Hat. "What happened to your eye? Fail to use your regeneration skill? Or did you not have one?" He seemed halfway between friendly and threatening.

Geno stared, watching Black Hat like a hawk,  from a distance. He was curious about where his would lead, but also felt the need to shut it down before things got too... Messy. "It's probably that sickness I was telling you about," Geno chimed, locking the house entrance door. "White also goes into these... Hazes...?"