"So, are you gonna want that DPH I told you about Jackson?" Said a familiar voice.

"Man, are you sure that stuff is even any good? Like I'm not gonna die, right?"

DPH? What the hell was that?

She stared at the person as his back shook in laughter.

"Yeah, it's the good shit man. So, are you in?"

"I'm in," Jackson replied quietly without hesitation.

Jisoo watched as the broadly backed person left the classroom and turned toward Jackson with her brows raised.

"Can I help you with something, pretty lady?" Jackson asked, leaning forward on his desk with his elbows and an ear-splitting smile. Was he aware that she had heard everything?

"Call me pretty lady one more time, Jackson. I'd love to see you on your knees," Jisoo replied with an equally fake smile.

"Hostile as always aren't we, princess?" Jackson snickered.

"You know it," Jisoo said as she turned around and took her book out for class; the teacher walking in right at that exact moment.

"Alright class, today we'll be working with partners to analyze poems." Jisoo stopped what she was doing as she looked at her teacher in utter horror. "The usual partners, please."

"Shit," She mumbled under her breath, sensing that today was just not going to be her day. Groans ensued and Jisoo watched as Hyungwon turned around happily to partner up with Jihye.

"Looks like you don't get to escape from me that easily, babe," She heard Jackson whisper behind her.

She fucking hated Literature.

------------------------------------------------------

"Have you heard of that new drug going around?" Jihye asked Hyungwon and Jisoo as they walked home together.

"What new drug?" Jisoo questioned with genuine curiosity.

"I think it's called DPH or something like that?" Jihye replied as she looked to the sky with a pensive face. "I don't really know much about it, but everyone keeps talking about it so I thought maybe you guys had heard about it too."

Before Jisoo could say something she would regret, they arrived at Hyungwon's house and she breathed a sigh of relief. "Well, I'm going home," She casually said as she lifted up a peace sign and jogged across the street to the bus stop.

Truth be told, she didn't care much for Jihye even before she started dating Hyungwon. Jisoo truly didn't know what Hyungwon saw in her, maybe because she still had feelings for him, but he was happy and she couldn't bring herself to ruin any of his happiness.

With a huff Jisoo got on the bus and sat at the back, getting comfortable for the hour that she'd be on it. She put in her headphones and leaned her head against the bus window. A nap was needed after having to deal with Jackson Wang for four classes; he was extremely draining to be around.

She closed her eyes and let the music in her ears drift her off to sleep, if only for a little while.

I saw the pink paper plastered on our front door with the word 'eviction' typed on it. At the age of fourteen, I knew exactly what that meant.

"Why?" I mumbled as my mother peeled it off the door, unsurprised anger on her features.

"You know exactly why. Because of your father," my mother replied calmly as we entered our home.

"What did he do this time?" I asked in a panic.

"Don't worry about it, sweetie. Just start packing your things up, please. We have to leave as soon as possible."

"I don't understand what's happening, ma."

"Neither do I."

I watched as my mother sighed in resignation, the heartache that was constantly at the surface now bubbling over for me to see.

That weekend, I said goodbye to Hyungwon and the thought that love lasted forever.

Jisoo woke with a start when she felt someone touching her shoulder.

"Last stop, girl. Time to get off," The bus driver said, completely annoyed.

"Shit. Last stop?!" She exclaimed. How long was she asleep for?!

"Yeah, last stop. It's 11 pm, so get off my bus," the bus driver grumbled out grumpily as he made his way back to the front.

She jumped up from her seat and quickly made her way out of the bus; her vision adjusting to the darkness of the night.

She looked around and felt her stomach sink. The bus had left her twenty minutes away from her neighborhood, and walking would take her so much longer.

"Damn it, Mom's going to kill me," Jisoo whined as she dragged her feet across the sidewalk, wanting this wretched day to just be over and done with.

As if on cue, her phone rang; the caller ID none other than her wonderful mother.

"Hello?" She tentatively answered.

"Where are you?! Do you know what time it is?! I've been worried sick!" Her mother yelled as Jisoo held the phone away from her ear in utter horror. She inhaled and prepared herself as she replied, "I'm sorry ma, I fell asleep on the bus and lost track of time. I'll be home soon, I promise."

Her mother sighed as she continued, "Text me when you get home, turn off the lights and don't make too much noise. We'll talk about this tomorrow." Jisoo felt her stomach sink further as tired disappointment dripped off the tone in her mother's voice.

"Alright, bye."

Jisoo hung up before she could think too much about it, yet she felt the familiar panic climbing up her throat and balled her fists until she felt her nails dig into the flesh of her hands. As she walked she breathed in and out to calm herself.

Distracted and unaware of her surroundings, she felt something hard hit her shoulder.

What the hell was up with today?

"Sorry!" She heard a muffled voice yell and turned to look at the stranger to yell at them, only to see them turning around; ready to rush off again, but not before she caught a glimpse of bright white hair.

What an odd hair color, Jisoo thought as she rubbed her sore shoulder. She turned forward and breathed out the rest of her dissipating anger, continuing the walk to her house. Tomorrow would be hell in every sense of the word.

She looked up at the moon that was as white and bright as the strangers' hair and wondered when life would send her a miracle of her own.

This is just the beginning y'all huhuhu >:}