Chapter 2: FaceTime

"Writing a song for a newly debuted group?" A soft voice repeated the words she just heard. Her fingers tap on the table in a repeated motion, a smirk slowly came across her face like it was a joke.

"My songs are only made for ones that have potentials." The silver brunette said while brushing strands of her hair to the back of her ear. Rain took a sip of her coffee before she check on the time. It is about time she should go back home, letting herself rest in peace while texting her friends.

"I have a plan on going to China soon," the silver brunette said while glancing towards the window, watching people going by and going pass. "I'll like to meet them the moment I step on the land of China."

°.✩┈┈∘*┈˃̶୨୧˂̶┈*∘┈┈✩.°

Afternoon at New York, it's loud. Car passing by at every single street you can see, one after another with people of all ages walking pass every single road.

As Rain unlock the door to her house, she close the door as she enters. Her body laid on the couch, letting herself come to a rest.

Rain joined the chat.

'Is Sugar online these days?' Rain asked in the group chat. Only a few people are online from what she saw, and soon she got a response from Angel.

'She's on earlier, but she's probably asleep right now.' Angel respond to Rain's question which only lead to Rain to text: 'I see, I'll just DM her myself.'

YanJun joined the chat.

'Seems like I log in at the right time~' YanJun texted, leading to Rain's sigh as she begin to walk to her room.

'Why are you on? It's like 4 AM for you.' Rain raised her eyebrow seeing the flirtatious male log onto the application.

'I can't sleep, I keep on thinking about something tonight.' As Rain read YanJun's new message, she is conflicting between if she should care or ignore.

Being the human she is, Rain decided to ask: 'What are you thinking?'

'I'm thinking about you.' YanJun can't help his flirting nature, it's just part of him.

'I feel like a lightbulb- let me just go finish my lunch.' Angel commented before she log out of the group chat.

'I'm so sorry I can't think of you :P [Sorry meh friend, you can hook someone else up. I'm unavailable]' Rain texted without regret despite he is one of China's current raising star.

Rain is fully aware if there is an evanism here, she'll definitely be spam with hate. Thankfully, there's just good old friends at this group chat along with Nine Percent Members.

'I'm going to China soon, any suggestions on where to visit?' Rain said while opening her suitcase along with organizing her possessions for her road trip.

'Where to visit...?' YanJun repeated her text, 'You can visit my bed room.'

While seeing this new message, Rain have the urge to just punch the idol right on his face. Yet, since they are countries a part, she swallow up her angers. Rain took a deep breath before she let out that breath to calm herself. If he's that bored, then that means he's the same as Rain. Currently; emotionally bored.

'Calm down Casanova! You can just call me to fulfill your emptiness.' Rain texted, which lead to YanJun's sudden offer request to use the FaceTime feature on the app. Rain hesitated for a second before she accept the calling.

"I told you to call, not FaceTime." That sentence is the first thing Rain said in English before YanJun also responded in English.

"Calling and FaceTime is about the same. Don't Droplets want to show her beauty?" YanJun speak more fluently than Rain expected. Which lead to Rain sudden smirk while she position the camera.

"Beauty? I don't need another person fall for me." Rain chuckle softly while a sudden image flash though her head.

"Mostly when it comes to you..." Rain mumbled the last part automatically like that's her nature. She tried her best to keep her balance, like nothing had just happen. And she may have successfully achieve that since YanJun didn't question her.

"What did you just say?" YanJun asked which quickly lead to Rain getting back her senses. "I asked, you can speak Mandarin right?"

"Yeah, of course." YanJun said, this time with his mother tongue. Rain, being a person that live in America for three years now, have no one to talk using her mother tongue. So she definitely took this chance to practice her skill for tomorrow's trip.

"Earlier tonight, our manager say we have to go pick up a girl tomorrow morning." YanJun said while a yawn escaped his mouth. His word lead to the silver brunette suddenly frozen at one place.

A girl... newly debuted group... Nine percent?

That was the first thought she had in mind, it couldn't be, right? How can the world be such a small place.

"Do you know her?" Rain asked, while continue to pack her suitcase. "No, but I don't think I want to meet her." YanJun rant, clearly not aware the person he's talking to right now is who he'll meet tomorrow.

"Why?" Rain asked again while closing one of her suitcase and moving on to the next.

"Our manager say she write songs only for ones who have potential," YanJun took a deep breath before continuing. "That sound arrogant to me for some reason," YanJun say before another member suddenly walk into the living room.

"Who are you talking to late night? We still have practice in a few hours." A voice said, which lead to YanJun's silence.

"No one! I'm just here chilling." YanJun said while grabbing a water bottle and taking a sip.

"Sorry, I gotta go. Talk to you next time, Droplets." YanJun explained before quickly ending the FaceTime. It only made Rain more confused about what just happened before the call ended.

"Well, that's awkward." She said before continuing to pack her bags.