Untitled Part 9

*Two weeks later*

"Thanks, Ms.Jackson... for letting her stay the night." Olivia smiled.

"No problem. You just go get that man of yours, okay?"

Olivia gave her a hug and thanked her again. Rae rounded the corner obviously saddened.

"Where ya goin?" she asked. Olivia placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled.

"I'll be back tomorrow. I have a thing I need to take care of tonight and I'm not sure how long I'll be." Rae nodded. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Promise?"

"I promise. Now you be good for Ms. Jackson. Do your homework and go to school tomorrow." Olivia looked at the teen sternly knowing her manipulation skills were second to none. "No excuses." They hugged each other but when Olivia went to pull away Rae held on and started to sniffle. Olivia understood that she'd been left alone so many times and she was afraid that she'd do the same thing. Rae had built up a dependence on Olivia. They hadn't spent a night apart since they entered each others lives. The longest either one of them were away was when Olivia worked and she always came home at night. Sometimes when she'd be forced to stay in the cribs Rae tagged along. "Rae, honey don't do this. I told you I'll be back tomorrow... before you even get out of school. I'll pick you up. You won't even have to take the bus."

"Okay." She pulled away and Olivia kissed her forehead. "Um, Liv, I-I love you."

Her heart fluttered. It was the first time she'd heard Rae tell her that. "Oh, baby I love you too."

Ms. Jackson stood back and looked on. She admired how much Olivia mothered Rae and she was exactly what Olivia needed. She also knew about Olivia's miscarriages and her struggle to bear children. Rae was Olivia's second chance.

The elderly lady walked up behind Rae and touched her shoulder. "C'mon, dear. Dinner's ready." After she was out of sight Ms. Jackson gave Olivia a sly smile. "Go get your man."

"I will." Olivia turned to walk away.

"Oh and Olivia?"

"Mhm?"

"Make him remember. Make sure that leaving you is the last thing he'll ever do again."

Olivia's eyes went wide after understanding what she meant and then smiled. "You can count on it."

*

Olivia stood in front of Elliot's apartment door begging herself to just knock already. What would he do? What would he say? It had been two weeks. Would he still want to see her? She sighed to herself. It was now or never.

She knocked twice and waited. "I hope I get that pizza for free!" he called. "It's been forty five minutes." He swung the door open and they both breathed deeply when they saw each other. It was really her. A rush of heat went to her core when she saw his perfectly bare, chiseled chest. She was dressed in a long black trench coat that stopped just above her high heel boots.

Why does she have on a trench coat? It's not that cold out, he thought. She was more beautiful than the last time he saw her. Her hair was lightly curled and her darkened eyes were fixated on him. "Liv," he sighed.

"You gonna let me in or you gonna stare at me?" she snapped.

"C'mon. Have a seat." He moved slightly to the left in order to let her in. He took in her scent as she walked past him. He could never tell if it was her shampoo or perfume that set him off, but either way, he wasn't complaining.

"Do you want something to drink?"

"Just wine." she said simply. She looked around at his apartment and took it all in. It was surprisingly warm, contrary to what she thought it would look like. Grey, black, and white were obviously his favorite. She saw that there were no pictures of Kathy, just the kids.