the ambassadress

Aaron Hotchner took a deep breath as he knocked on the heavy door in front of him. It was the door to the office of his new boss, ambassadress Elizabeth Prentiss. It was his first job, he had graduated at the academy and was now responsible for the safety of this family. He had already met many men like him on his way to her office, which made him aware of the fact that the ambassadress had hired many people for her family's safety.

He had swallowed hardly when he had gained a first look at the mansion in which they lived. He had imagined it to be big, but not that big. One could easily get lost in there.

"Come in."

The ambassadress' voice made him jump and he quickly entered the room.

He discovered her sitting at her desk, currently working on a file. Before he could say anything, she already spoke up. "You must be Agent Hotchner."

"Yes, Ma'am -"

"You're three minutes early", her voice was literally cold as ice. "You were already given an instruction, right?"

"Yes, Ma'am.", he nodded. Even though he was actually a tough guy, he couldn't deny that this woman already scared him. A lot, actually.

"Good", she stood up and reached out to shake his hand. "Welcome to your new workplace."

"Thank you, Ma'am", he shook her hand politely and nodded.

"We have an event here tonight with many important people. I want you to watch the front door, but I guess you will get further information from Wilson. He leads the security team -"

She was interrupted by a girl rushing into the room. She embraced herself on the ambassadress' desk and leaned forward as she barked: "Did you steal my cigarettes again?! Or even better; did you let someone take them?! You have no fucking right to go through my stuff, how often do I have to tell you that?!"

The girl had raven hair, was extremely skinny built and wearing black shorts with a white cropped T-Shirt. Definitely not Aaron's type, yet he was somehow in shook by the way she talked to a woman like the ambassadress. He had read that she had a daughter, but if this girl was her daughter, his expectations had been totally wrong.

"You are 17, you are not allowed to smoke yet", the older woman replied. "You smell terribly, by the way. How much did you drink last night? Or are you still drunk?"

Before the girl could say anything, the ambassadress turned into Aaron's direction. "Mr. Hotchner, this is my daughter Emily. As you may have noticed already, she has some serious alcohol and drug problems."

"I don't -", Emily protested, but her mother cut her off.

"Emily, this is Aaron Hotchner, a new member of our security team."

"Great, another suit-wearing idiot that can make my life even more worse", the girl sighed and shot Aaron an annoyed look.

"Emily!"

"Oh, I'm sorry", Emily rolled her eyes. "Welcome to this awesome family, Mr. Hotchner, I can guarantee you a lot of fun around here!"

Still shocked, Aaron just gave her a cold nod.

Turning around to her mother, she said: "I'm going out tonight. Paying someone to get me new cigarettes and a lot of alcohol. After all, I still have a 'serious problem', right?"

"You will stay here tonight", Elizabeth said sternly. "Many important people are coming tonight and you will for once dress properly, be nice and only drink some champagne tonight."

"You can so bet that I won't", Emily snapped.

"You will, and as the two of you are already here right now, I think that Mr. Hotchner should keep an eye on you tonight."

"Excuse me, Ma'am", Aaron finally spoke. "I thought I was supposed to watch the front doors?"

"I just changed my mind.", she shrugged. "You won't leave my daughter's side tonight."

"Seriously?", Emily hissed. "God, I hate you so much!" And with these words, she stormed out of the office.

Aaron let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"I know", the ambassadress sighed. "I keep asking myself why she can't behave for one second. Trust me, if you can handle her, you're prepared for the worst things in life."

_

He knocked on the door to her room harshly. He had promised himself to remain calm, honest and cold, which seemed like the only option to survive this.

Emily opened the door after a while and raised her eyebrows: "You're patient", she blew the smoke of her cigarette directly in his face. "And you don't talk a lot."

"You shouldn't smoke in here", he said coldly.

The young girl just rolled her eyes and leaned in the doorframe. She would never let him in her room, she couldn't stand people destroying her private space. "How much do you want?"

"What?"

"How much do I have to pay you to let me alone?", she sighed. "Don't worry, I have enough money and good connections. So?"

Clearing his throat, he said: "I'm sorry, I don't take those kind of offers. I just came here to ask where we should meet tonight. Your mother said you should be downstairs by 6:30, which means you have about three hours left. I suppose you start to get ready if you want to look presentable."

"Do you have something against my clothes?", she hissed, still wearing her shorts and shirt.

"Honestly, I don't care about your clothes, but you having trouble with your mother is going to involve me, too", he said casually.

"Wow", Emily grinned. "I have never seen anyone around here who'd actually tell me their honest opinion right in my face. They all act super nice towards me but I know that they call me a bitch behind my back. Which I'm totally okay with, by the way."

"Whatever", Aaron sighed, seriously getting tired of how childish she was. "I guess I'll meet you here in three hours." And with that, he turned to walk away.

"I didn't agree to that, so don't count me in", she yawned but furrowed her eyebrows at the way he talked and treated her. She didn't like it all, usually she was the one in power. Yet, this guy seemed to be different. She had expected him to be a young, soft and unexperienced guy, who'd be really easy to scare off - but she had been wrong. He was just like her, and she hated him already. A lot.