Chapter 11

Sera went to a place where her body would not be found, and killed herself. Kira had won. The one girl who knew everything was gone, now he just had to find her Death Note.

Light's mother had baked some cookies the night before, so he used that as an excuse to go to Sera's old house. He walked over with a tray of cookies on hand and knocked on the door and acted suprised when he saw a small envelope taped to the door. Sera's father, Rez, answered the door.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Hello Mr. Duzell. I brought some cookies my mother made earlier over." Light said and motioned to the tray he was holding.

"Ah yes, please come in." he replied and opened the door wider so Light could come inside.

Light grabbed the note from the door as he walked inside and then took his shoes off before both men took a seat in the living room.

"Sera went out for a little while, she should be back soon. She left around half an hour ago." Rez explained.

"Mr. Duzell, I found this taped to the door, what is it?" Light asked while handing the envelope to Rez.

Rez opened the note and read it before he started to cry.

"Mr. Duzell, what's wrong?" Light asked now confused to what the note had said.

Rez handed him the note and as Light read it, he slightly smiled. It had worked, she actually was dead. Seeing as Mr. Duzell was still in the room with him he changed his look to one of worry.

"I'll call my father." Light said and excused himself to Sera's room where he called his father about Sera's suiside before he started to rummage around slightly while looking for the death note.

"Ryuk, help me look for her Death Note." Light ordered in a hush.

"Huk huk huk, but what fun is that? It's way more fun for me to watch you stumble around as your father and the rest of the police force some closer and closer by the second." Ryuk laughed.

"You're no help." Light said just as he heard a knock on the door.

Quickly Light closed the drawer he had been looking through and made his way to the living room where his father and the rest of the police force were talking to Rez about Sera.