42. "butterflies"

Evelyn had said her goodbyes to Sam not too long ago, leaving just an hour or so until Tom and Harrison would be arriving. She definitely was excited, she couldn't wait to see the look on her best friends face when she sees the boy who she has become so close with. It warmed her heart that he'd travel all this way on his birthday so he could surprise her, it made her happy that her best friend has found someone who was worthy of her.

Tom had texted Eve their gate number this morning, she made her way over there, stopping at Starbucks to kill some time. She sat in an uncomfy airport chair waiting for the two boys, on her phone ignoring any contact with anyone, paranoid she'd slip something out. Evelyn was always terrible at keeping secrets and surprises, especially when it came to Illianna.

Once when they were growing up, Sam and their dad bought Illi concert tickets for her birthday and they happened to tell Evelyn. Which was not a good idea. That night Illianna and Eve were eating dinner that Illiannas dad had made for them, and Illianna could tell there was something bothering Eve, so she questioned her. At first she would tell her it was nothing, made up some stupid excuse. As minutes past, Evelyn ended up blurting everything out, ruining the surprise. She didn't want to repeat that this time. This was to big of a surprise for her to screw up, and she done everything in her will to keep her mouth shut.

The plane landed, Evelyn sat up and watched for the boys. She was a little nervous, afraid that it'd be awkward, but she pushed all that aside because it was all for her best friend. When they walked in Eve stood up, smiled and waved at them.

"Hey there!" Tom greeted and he walked towards the girl. He embraced her in a small hug, Harrison copied his actions and introduced himself. "Nice to meet you guys" Eve smiled back at them, all of a sudden her nervousness went away.

They all made small talk as they waited for their bags. Evelyn asked them how their flight was, they asked her day was going so far, and began to get to know each other better. Evelyn felt comfortable around them already and they had only just met.

|

The three were driving over to the stranger things set, in the middle of a conversation, and was interrupted by the ringing of Evelyn's phone. "Who is it?"

Tom picked up the phone and looked at the caller ID, "Illianna." He passed it over so she could answer, "what do you want?"

Her tone took Harrison by surprise, almost making him burst into laughter. Eve and Tom shot him a death glare at the same time. "You aren't texting me back and I wanted to ask if you wanted to go for dinner with Finn, Joe and I later. Who are you with?"

"No one" she lied, "I'm down. I'll soon be there, see you in a bit."

"Liar." Harrison chuckled when she hung up the phone, making her roll her eyes at him for almost giving it all away. "I was actually gonna kill you if she started asking questions."

Soon they pulled into the building, and Tom started to instantly feel butterflies. He wasn't nervous because he knew how bad she wanted to meet him too. He was just excited that in a few moments he'd be face to face with a girl whom he has taken such an interest in. A girl who managed to make him feel something through a screen, he could only imagine what it'll be like in person.

Evelyn parked the car and glanced over at Tom, "you ready?"

Harrison didn't give him a chance to answer the question, even though his answer wasn't hard to guess. "Too late to not be ready, cmon."