8. "entertainment tonight"

ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT
WE SAT DOWN WITH STRANGER THINGS ACTRESS ILLIANNA BROWN FOR AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW, WHERE SHE OPENS UP ABOUT HER PAST, TALKS STRANGER THINGS, HER LOVE LIFE, AND CELEB CRUSHES!

ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHTWE SAT DOWN WITH STRANGER THINGS ACTRESS ILLIANNA BROWN FOR AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW, WHERE SHE OPENS UP ABOUT HER PAST, TALKS STRANGER THINGS, HER LOVE LIFE, AND CELEB CRUSHES!

ET: great to have you here today illianna, so stranger things season 3 is a go, how excited are you to get back on the set?

IB: I'm beyond excited, I absolutely love everything about it. I love acting and my character, the amazing cast and crew, the show itself, I'm always looking forward to going on set.

ET: that's great! You can tell you are truly passionate about your work, was there anything that really inspired you to get into the business?

IB: I don't know if inspired is the word. [laughs] My brother saw my work in a short film that Evelyn (best friend) and I did her for her YouTube channel and basically forced me into a few auditions.

ET: really?!

IB: yep! I wasn't going to listen to him at first, it took him a good week or so of convincing for me to actually give in and go ahead with it. I made my tape for the role in stranger things thinking I would never hear from them and that I was stupid for even trying. One day I got the call and they wanted to see more of me, and eventually I was casted the role! I guess you never know what you're capable of until you give it a shot.

ET: I love that! So your brother must be pretty important to you?

IB: definitely. He's all I have, he's been my rock through everything, we have our days and differences but I don't what I would ever do without him.

ET: all you have?

IB: Well not literally, I have my best friend Evelyn who has been my best friend since kindergarten, my aunt stacey who is basically my mom, and more besides. But our mom has never been apart of our lives and my dad past away from a plane crash when I was 17, so at one point it was only Sam and I, he was all I had.

ET: I'm so sorry to hear Illianna, you really didn't have to open up like that.

IB: oh don't worry I don't mind telling my story, it's a big part of me, I just want people to know that things do get better no matter how bad they are. I felt so alone, so sad and angry, but eventually it got easier. Our aunt took us in without a heartbeat, Sam and I helped each other, Eve was always there for me, things have been looking up since then.

ET: you are such an inspiration, I already adore you and I've only been talking to you for a few moments

IB: [laughs and smiles wide] thank you so much.

ET: anytime! So moving on, your character Nancy seems to have the very interesting love life, is yours anything like hers?

IB: Oh not at all, I have only ever been in one "serious" relationship and that ended not long after my dad past. I have yet to find the guy that isn't a total waste of my time.

ET: well I think they are all missing out! Any celebrity crushes at least?

IB: for the longest time it was Zac Efron, like even when I was a little girl, but since then Tom Holland has stolen my heart.

ET: cute!! I have to agree Tom is the sweetest

IB: isn't he?? [laughs]

ET: would you ever wanna play a role in a Marvel movie?

IB: if Spider-Man is a part of the cast then for sure! I haven't ever thought about it to be honest with you, I do think that it'd be cool to maybe do that one day, not too sure if it's really my thing though.

ET: I think your fans would love it! Well thanks a lot for having a chat with me today Illianna, hope to see you again! Good luck with the new season!

IB: thanks for having me!