| 1 |

I awoke to four strange faces staring down at me. I jumped in fear and pushed myself up to look at them. My blades slipped out of my bracers as I pointed them at the strangers.
"Woah woah woah, easy there. We're not going to hurt you," the human looking one held up his hands and took one step towards me. The green skinned woman behind him had her hand on the hilt of her sword.
"Who are you?" I demanded, refusing to put my weapons down. My brain was fuzzy and I didn't remember anything about how I had gotten here.
"My names Peter. Alright? What's yours?"
"Eira," I said hesitantly.
"Okay, Eira. We're good people, mostly, we won't hurt you so could you please put the friggin' knives down?"
I lowered them slightly, "where am I?"
"You're on our ship. We were between missions when you guys kind of just-rammed into us," Peter shrugged.
"Guys?"
"Yeah you and the other guy these idiots won't stop obsessing over. Seems a bit overrated, I bet he's a bit of a douchebag honestly," Peter went on rambling but I held my blade up to him again.
"Who else? Where is he?" My heart thumped at the thought that Thor could be alive.
"Yeah the eyepatch guy," he pointed over to the adjacent room where Thor was laying on another table. I pushed past a beefy, grey skinned man covered in red markings and dropped to Thor's side.
"The angel man hasn't woken up," the grey man said.
"No kidding," I rolled my eyes, putting my finger to Thor's throat to check for a pulse. Of course it was still there.
"What happened to you?" The green woman asked, coming to my side.
"I-we were on our ship when it was attacked," I said slowly as I pieced together the memories. Without warning Thor sat straight up with a sharp inhale and threw himself off the table. The others came running at him trying to calm him down just the same as they had with me.
"Calm down beautiful man," the grey man yelled as he tried restraining Thor.
"Thor," I shouted, making him pause and look straight up at me. With a precise movement he threw the large man off him and came over to me. His hands rested on my jaw as he rested his forehead on mine.
"What would I have done had they taken you from me as well," he said quietly.
"Huh, see guys. He's taken," Peter announced behind us.
"Where are we?" Thor turned back to the others.
"On our ship, we were explaining that to her when she remembered you and wouldn't listen to anything else," Peter explained. His voice took on a permanent sarcastic tone which felt a little annoying. A seemingly acquired taste.
"I'm glad her priorities are in the right place," Thor smiled back at me.
"So what happened to you guys. You look like shit," the grey man said bluntly.
"Oh my god, Drax you can't just say that," the green woman rolled her eyes at him.
"I believe in honesty," Drax mumbled.
"We were on a ship of our own when Thanos attacked us-" Thor trailed off. I knew what he was thinking because I was on the same train of thought. Loki.
"How'd you make it out alive?"
"I don't know," I shook my head.
"A terrible price," Thor added. I slipped my hand into his and looked up at him. His face was hardened, void of any positivity.
"Were there more people or?"
"A lot more. But now it's just us," Thor explained, "Thanos slaughtered the rest of them. The remainder of my family included."
"Well at least we didn't pick up a psycho space hitchhiker, just some emotionally traumatized ones," Peter clapped his hands.
"What did Thanos want with you?"
"Gamora we should let them take it easy for a little bit. They've clearly gone through a lot," Peter said to the green woman.
"They can handle it, I mean people this beautiful must have some kinda killer mental stability right?" A small, furry animal came walking out from around the table, I hadn't even seen him before.
"I would believe it, so much perfection," Drax nodded.
"Thanos was looking for the infinity stones. Do you know anything of them?" Thor asked, he looked directly to Gamora who was visibly invested in how he responded.
"Some," she nodded.
"What do you know?" I asked.
"Just that he can never get all of them," she said before turning and walking out of the room.
"Daddy issues, you know?" Peter shook his head.
"Trust me small man, I know," Thor laughed.
"Oh whatever man I'm like the same height as you," Peter said defensively, Drax burst out in a fit of aggressive laughter.
"But half the weight," he yelled between laughs.
"Bite me," Peter rolled his eyes and followed Gamora out.
"You two look like you've got a lot to discuss, we'll give you some time," the little animal said to Thor and I. His face was grim when I looked up at him.
"Thank you creature," I smiled. It opened its mouth before shaking his head and pulling Drax with him.