Chapter 2~ Fighting with Fire

The Alpha called everyone to come around the fire about an hour later. Luckily, Kalee had to leave early. One she couldn't stay when we talked about wolf pack. Second she said she had something in the morning and needed her sleep.  

"Alright everyone" Tommy started, " to start off I hope everyone is having a good time tonight." Some people clapped, others cheered, and some teenage boys howled. 

"I am glad to hear" he said smiling, "Now has of Monday Morgan Davidson and her father Ruben Davidson will be living in the pack house." People clapped 

WHAT!?!?!?! How could he tell everyone? 

Ash looked at me hurt, "How could you not tell me?" 

"I was going to tell you later. I just found out 2 hours ago." 

"You should have told me." She said 

"I'm sorry"  

"It's ok" she said with a smile, "We are going to be roomies!" she squealed 

I laughed. I hadn't realized that we would be living in the same house together. Then I remembered the real reason I was coming to the pack house. I would have to tell him whether I like it or not Alpha would order me to tell him. 

"Now we have important matters to discuss." He said very serious, "The Rouges have penetrated our boundaries, again." He said taking a dramatic pause. Some of the men pulled their mates closer to them and other growled. "The pack north of us has been having the same problem and has offered to help us in the fight." 

"My mate and I will be leaving Friday to go and work out the details. While we are gone, my son, John will be watching over things here." He said nodding his head toward John. "Now that we have dealt with that," He said smiling, "I would like to have dessert." Everyone laughed. 

After we made smores my father was getting tired so we decided to leave. Ruby offered to drive us home since we had come with Tommy and Jackie. We really should have thought that through. 

"Thank you, Ruby." 

"It is no problem sweetie. I will see you Monday." 

"Kay see you." I said waving goodbye to her. 

When I got inside I went up to my room to change into my pajamas. After I changed I went to say good night to my dad. 

"Night daddy." 

"Wait a minute Morgan I want to talk to you." 

"Okay what do you want to talk about?" 

"I think you should tell him." Well he got right to the point.  

When I didn't respond he decided to continue. 

"I think you should tell John that you are his mate." I just sat there speechless was my father really saying this?  

"I know you think he is happy with that human but it isn't love. I have seen love, I been in love. He isn't in love with her." 

"Dad you don't know that." 

"I don't know what love is?" He looked at me horrified 

"That wasn't what I ment." 

"Than what did you mean?" 

"I ment that the love you are talking about is the love that you and mom shared, not the one that John and Kalee, a human share." 

"What about the love, the bond that you and John share? I don't know how that feels? What it felt like when your mother told me that she was my mate. The way I felt when I didn't have her but my wolf was telling me that she was near. I know what love is!" He said with force and was on the verge of tears. 

"I know, you know!" I shouted at him 

"Morgan, you should tell him." he said and walked out of the room. I was crying at this point. They were right, I knew that but I just can't bring myself to tell him.