Chapter 4

"Chilled, calm down. At this rate, you're going to be bald." Gassy Mexican said, as I tugged at my hair for my stupidity and my worrying over Adam.

"I can't calm down, Max. I made him run away and what if he gets hurt. He's my friend. I can't have that happen to him."

"Don't worry. Nanner's a big boy. He can handle himself." Gassy said

I looked at the clock, which read 10:15pm.

I shouldn't be worrying. He will be home soon.

And just at that thought, headlights shined through the windows, signaling a car in the driveway.

Of course, I wasn't going to rush out there. I need to let Nanners have some space.

Nanners walked in, hung his keys up, took off his shoes and put them by the shoe rack.

"Hey Gassy. Hey Chilled. Sorry I'm home later than I should have been. I'll be upstairs. See you Chilled. Night Gassy." Adam said

"Night Nanner-man." When Nanners was upstairs and out of earshot range, Gassy said "Now you can stop pulling out your hair."

"Yeah yeah. Going to bed Max. Catch you in the morning." I said.

"Night bro." He replied.

I walked over to the stairs and ascended up them. When I reached the top, I made my way over to my, or our, door.

I knocked on it, just in case he was changing or anything.

"Come in." I heard

I entered the room and saw Adam at his dresser, probably picking out pajamas.

I walked to my bed and sat on it, looking at Adam.

"Look, Adam, I'm sorry for what I did. Let's just forget it. I want us to be friends, I don't want us to lose what we had, friendship terms." I said

"Why would I want to forget the kiss? I enjoyed it." Adam said, but not after giving me a look, probably because I actually called him by his actual name.

"Then why did you run away?"

"Chilled, you don't understand."

"Then explain it to me." I basically begged

"No, Anthony." Adam replied sterny

He used my actual name. Wow. Nanners was serious about this subject, very serious.

"Fine."

After some long minutes, Adam said "Chilled, one day I can explain it to you. And I hope there is something between us. But time will tell."

"Ok then. I will except that answer."

"Good, cause you ain't getting another one."

I yawned. "Tired?" Adam asked.

"Oh yes." I said.

"Get changed. I'll be in the bathroom."

He walked in and closed the door, doing whatever he needed to do.

I walked over to my dresser and pulled out my sleepwear.

I changed, and just as I finished, Adam walked out.

"All yours"

"Thanks." I walked in, using the toilet then brushing my teeth.

Once I was done, I entered the bedroom to Adam signaling me to go over to him by the door.

I did, and once I reached him he opened the door and literally shouted "goodnight!!!!!"

I heard a chorus of "you too"s and "shut up adam"s echo through the house

I laughed, as well as Adam, as we made our way over to our beds.

"Night Chilled"

"Night"

And with that, we both climbed into bed, turning out the lights, and falling asleep pretty quickly.