Chapter 6. - A Deal with the Sea Bitch

I got my own back.

-Maya Angelou

----------

I LOOKED AT THE SHIP a few moments longer. I hated to admit that it was quite beautiful. I could see why she was proud of it. I then looked down and saw cables, that didn't work here on the Isle anyway, attached to the wall of the building. I knelt down, got the dagger from my boot and cut the cable. I twisted the cable around my wrist and made sure it wouldn't slip out of my hand. My eyes had gotten used to the darkness and the deck was dimly lit. I saw Uma on the deck with Hook. They were talking to something blue that was tied to the pole of the main mast and I figured that that must've been Ben.

"Uhm Uma!" A voice called from the top of the mast. My gaze snapped upwards to the source and I saw that it was Gil and he was pointing in my direction. "I think we have company." Uma quickly turned in my direction, along with Hook and Ben. Uma squinted her eyes in my direction. Her eyes weren't as used to the darkness as mine were because of the light on deck and my dark clothing didn't help much either.

"Come down, you sneaky twat!" Uma yelled from where she stood. Her voice echoed for a moment and when it was silent I gave a dry chuckle. I grabbed the cable tightly and jumped from the roof. Using the cable to swing and land right in front of the wooden bridge that led to the ship. Everyone present, except Uma, Hook and Ben, who was gagged, gasped and took a frightful step back. Ben looked around confused at the people backing away. I quickly and smoothly untied the cable from my wrist while glaring in Uma's direction.

"Uma! We gotta talk." I bellowed, authority lacing my voice. I walked over the wooden bridge towards the deck. My footsteps loud and my glare deadly. The crew on the ship shrunk back even more. I smirked to myself and turned to Uma. "Really? This is what you surround yourself with? Pathetic." I gave the cowering crew a disapproving look. Uma gritted her teeth and tried not to snap me.

"Hadee. Or was it your Majesty." Uma gave a mocking bow.

"Well, well, well." Hook stepped forward until our chests were almost touching. "Couldn't stay away from me, could you?" He flirted. I rolled my eyes.

"Eww." I pushed him away and turned to Uma. "And I prefer 'my Lady', but that'll do," I smirked. Uma glared.

"What do you want?" 

"To make a deal." 

"I have already made a deal with Mal."

"A different deal." I elaborated, annoyed. Uma thought for a moment before turning to her crew.

"Leave us." She ordered. They slowly walked away and Uma got annoyed at their slowness quickly. "Now!" She yelled. The crew, except for Hook, all ran away as fast as they could. Gil had gotten down from the top of the nest by now and turned to leave. "Not you, Gil." She sighed. Gil turned around and stayed quiet. "Now, what do you want?" Uma snapped at me again.

"I want to make sure that you actually release Ben tomorrow at noon," I stated.

"If Mal keeps up her end of the deal, I will. Why would you want to make another deal?" Uma mocked confusion.

"Oh please. Drop the act Uma. If there is one thing we and our parents have in common, it is that there has to be a contract signed to make a deal. You and Mal didn't, meaning that you will definitely not keep your end of the bargain even if Mal does. You won't let Ben go tomorrow." I said matter-of-factly. Uma hummed.

"Well. At least one of you traitors is smart enough to figure that out." She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, keep rolling your eyes honey, maybe you'll find a brain back there." I taunted. I knew it wasn't the smartest move to make right now but I really couldn't help myself. Uma clenched her jaw and glared, but her glare turned to Gil quickly when he laughed. Hook was grinning behind Uma on her other side, so she didn't see it. My stomach felt weird when I saw him smile because of what I said but I quickly shook the feeling off and blamed it on Mal messing with my head.