"Where is sir Adam when you need him?"

One of the lady at the very back of the crowd whispered to another.

Adam? ... Adam. Where have I heard that name?

Oh! I remember now. Uncle Ace mentioned about him before we arrived here.

"All we have to do is get inside the Royal palace safely. Adam will take care of the rest."

"Adam?" I inquired.

"Yes. He's on our side. As we speak, he's gathering his troop to fight against the royal court." Vanessa replied.

"That's the man we're about to meet?" I asked uncle Ace and he gave me a solemn nod.

"He's the Head Commander of the royal guards."

Huh? Wait a minute. What?

"The commanding head? There's a guy who's the leader and is on the right side and people are still suffering? I don't get it. What's going on?"

Uncle Ace remained silent. It was Vanessa who moved closer to me, so she could speak up without having to yell out her response.

"Adam might be the commanding officer of the guards, but he is still under the royal courts influence. What they say is law here. And according to them its that scumbag general who's boss around here. The guards may adore and respect Adam, but they have no other choice but to follow the orders of the general commander." She let out a deep sigh as she continued to look at the ugly scene before us. So far no one had noticed us yet fortunately.

The lady went on weeping hugging her little son. The ugly general spat at her and strode away warning her he'd lock her child up if something like this happened again.

The crowd of people slowly drifted off.

"Mommy is the bad man gone?" a squeaky little voice spoke out. The child was not more than five or six, yet he was treated like some criminal who had escaped.

The woman got to her feet wiping her tears away and dragged her whining son harshly by the arm.

"Let's go. We've been in a place for too long." Uncle Ace said as he led the way.

"Uncle Ace, were you not a commanding head before? How could you just stand and watch all this cruelty!?" I refused to follow him. He didn't stop and continued walking.

I almost grabbed his arm before Vanessa grabbed mine. She shook her head sadly. I glared at her confused. What now?

Sighing she nodded at Uncle Ace's hands. He was clenching his fists so hard the veins popped out.

"He does that only if he's furious." She said before following him.

I didn't budge an inch. Why am I so hot headed? I just yelled at a man who must be going through more pain than me.

My chest ached for him and for these poor innocent people.

Letting out a deep angry breath I marched forward passing both of them with quick strides. I didn't give shit as to where I was going nor if I'd be found. I'm going to put a stop to this damn misery. A century is too long. Its time for an end.

♦♦♦

The palace loomed high and mighty before me. It glistened magnificently against the evening sun. Guards clad in the royal uniform surrounded the vicinity. There was no way in without being noticed.

"What next? Where to?" I asked both of them behind whom I was hiding.

"See over there?" Uncle Ace pointed to an open balcony on the second story. "That's the only other place we could get inside other than the main entrance."