Chapter 2-Love isn't always fair

Okay so today I'm actually going to try to make things work with Juliet, but I am never leaving my band and she has to understand that. I still love her. She's my wife. But, I do love my band and my friends too and she needs to understand that.

I got up and made my way downstairs. She was still fast asleep so I decided to make some coffee and breakfast. I also put off my phone after I replied to a message from Ashley. I couldn't not reply to him. Today I will have no interruptions. My commitment to saving our marriage will make today work. Well, today my commitment is pretty strong. I've actually given up, but I can still try today. As soon as I had finished breakfast and coffee, Juliet woke up.

"Just on time," I said, trying my best to smile although it was pretty hard. I don't know how to be happy with her, but I can try .

"Breakfast? Seems like ages ago," she said, also noticeably forcing herself to smile.

"Sit down."

I layed her breakfast in front of her and she rubbed her hands together excitedly. I walked to where she was sitting and leaned in to kiss her, but she pushed me away.

"Let's eat shall we?" she asked.

I felt quite hurt by that, but I agreed to continue eating. As we were eating, awkward silence filled the atmosphere.

"So I have a schedule planned for today!" I exclaimed.

"And what makes you think we're sticking to that?"

"I just thought -"

"Okay, we can give it a try Andy!" she rolled her eyes.

I took her hands and looked into her eyes. "I still love you Juliet."

"I, I ...let's have a look at the schedule."

Wow. That is hurtful. She couldn't even say that she loved me. At least now I know she doesn't love me. Why do I even try? Right, because I still love her and because she used to be my life.

"So first up is shopping," I said.

"Yeah. I can't remember the last time we went shopping together," she said. "Let me go and shower."

"Me too. You wanna use the one upstairs or here?"

"You go upstairs. I'll use this one," she replied.

The feeling of the hot water all over my body really was refreshing. Sometimes a shower is all you really need. I got out of the shower just to find someone video calling me from my tablet. Fuck I'm naked. Maybe it can wait. I check to see who it was. CC. What could he want? I promised myself, but hey it may be important. I put the tablet down steadily and pressed the button to answer when suddenly I hear disgusted noises.

"Eew Andy. We can see your dick."

I realized that I do not have a towel around me and that everyone just saw that even though it was just supposed to be CC.

"Fuck!" I turned around and found the nearest towel on my bed.

"Bet that's what you usually do to CC. Why else would you answer like that?" Ashley asked laughing and everyone burst out in laughter except CC. I looked at him turning blood red and going totally shy and I felt so sorry for him that he was with them right now .

"Oh my God. Did the two of you just have a moment while we were all laughing?" Jake asked.

"Guys ,I will put-"

"My dick up CC's ass?" Jinxx asked laughing.

I stopped the call. It's not that I don't want to speak to them. It's just that I don't have time for their silly jokes right now although I really would love to continue the call. I missed them so much, but I promised myself that I'd have no interruptions today, especially when it's not important. As soon as I had finished dressing, a message popped up on my tablet. It was from Ashley.

'Hey Andy, sorry about that video call fail. We actually just called to see how you're doing. We tried calling your cell, but it's off and we have arranged to go out today. That's also why we called. Do you want to go out with us?'

'Hey. Sorry for my behaviour. I'm afraid I won't be able to go out with you guys although I would really love to. Juliet and I have a day scheduled though. Hopefully after today things will be a bit better. I hope you guys have fun and thanks for calling.'

'That's great Andy! I hope things work out for you guys. And thanks, enjoy your day as well.'

I read the message and decided to turn my tablet off as well. Back to Juliet. As soon as I had finished dressing, I made my way downstairs. Surprisingly Juliet was dressed and she looked as if she were ready to leave.

"You done?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's go."

As we made our way out of the house I put my hand around her waist, but she moved it away. I tried though. This will probably be an awkward day. We're not as comfortable as we should be, but anyways let's get on with this.

When we reached the mall, I  suggested we go to Juliet's favourite restaurant. If it is still her favourite. I don't really know her anymore. When we entered, the guys were there. Juliet looked at me and suggested we leave. I looked at the guys and threw my hands up in defeat. "Sorry," I mouthed to them. As soon as we left, Juliet looked at me as if I had just committed the worst crime ever.

"Did you know that they were gonna be there?"

"No, Ju-"

"Don't even try to lie to me Andy!" she shouted at me .

"But I'm not!"

She just threw me a death glare and signalled her second favourite restaurant to which I agreed.

***Time skip ***

Our ride home was as miserable as our entire day was. Whenever we tried speaking, we ended up arguing. We just can't seem to have a decent conversation. I don't blame Juliet though. I'm a depressed soul at the moment, so why wouldn't she become angry at me? Halfway home, I turned down the music in the car and decided to tell her about my decision.

"Juliet?"

"Yes Andy?"

"I've made a decision."

"About?"

"What you said last night."

"Oh good good. I'm..."

"I'm not breaking up the band Juliet!"

"What? Does our marriage not mean anything to you?"

"Of course it does. Please just listen. I  love you Juliet and I want to make our marriage work. But, I'm also committed to my band and what we've worked so hard on to achieve and you know that. So you know that what you're asking me to do is like asking me to take away an essential part of my body. I'm not leaving the band and I'm not leaving you too."

"Forget about us Andy. You've made your decision."

"Juliet try to understand- "

"Understand what?"

"That-"

"Just shut up. I don't need you anyway."

Wow. Now that hurts. My wife telling me that she doesn't need me even though I'm trying to make this work. I still felt the urge to say it though, so I just blurted it out.

"Juliet, I love you."

"Well I don't love you."

And that is what had me completely silent. I don't know what to say to that. When we reached home, I made my way upstairs to the room immediately and Juliet fells onto the couch. This is not right. The fact that I love her so much and that she doesn't return it. The fact that I try to make this work and she doesn't. Love isn't always fair .