please stay

You got out of your car and slowly walked to the front door or yours and Toms home. Well, your old home. You took a deep breath and knocked on the door three times, hoping that you could keep a happy face and not break down when you saw Tom.

"Hey..." Tom said as he opened the door. He didn't look at you. Instead he stared at the floor and played with his fingers.

"Sorry. I didn't disturb anything did i? I wont be long, i promise." You said. You gave Tom a weak smile when he finally lifted his eyes to you and he returned it. He moved from the doorway to let you in, then closed the door behind you. You walked straight to the bedroom and called out to Tom whilst packing a case.

"So i just met a friend of yours." You called. 

"Who?" You jumped when you heard Toms voice coming from next to you. You laughed a little, not letting him see that your heart was breaking having to pack up all yours things and leave the man you have spent three years being happy with.

"Benedict Cumberbatch. He's lovely. How come I've never met him before?" Tom let out a quiet sigh and told you about how he and him were close friends but you never wanted you to meet him because he was afraid that Benedict would go over board and freak out about you. He was a huge fan of yours, as you already knew. 

"Well, I'm all packed." You told him as you zipped up your suitcase. Tom looked at you sadly and picked up the case.

"Please don't go." He said so quietly you almost didn't hear him. You looked at him confused. He saw the confusion and continued a little louder. 

"Please...I'm sorry...i really didn't mean it. Don't-don't go." You could see his eyes turn red again but he never looked away. Instead he just kept your gaze. 

"But you don't love me anymore Tom." You said sadly. All of the charades had dropped and the heart ache was shown on your face. You took the suitcase from Tom, making sure you didn't touch his hand, and turned to leave.

"You don't have to leave yet. How about we just talk?" Tom begged. He grabbed your arm, gently yet firmly. You rubbed the back of your neck, thinking about staying for maybe a cup of tea, but your brain beat your heart and you said no. Tom looked defeated and let go of your arm.

"Ok..I'll see you soon hopefully." He muttered. You smiled at him sadly and left the flat, leaving the house key on the table as you left. 

You had just turned the key to start your car when the drivers side door open. You looked up and saw Tom standing there. He didn't say anything, instead just gave you two parcels. He then closed your door and walked back to the flat, without uttering a word. You watched as the only man you have ever loved walked away. You placed the two parcels on the passengers seat and drove back to your Hotel.

"That was quick." You heard someone say as you pressed the button to the 9th floor on the lift. You looked to your right and saw Benedict.

"Are you stalking me?" You joked. "Nooo...." replied Benedict sarcastically with a smile. 

"So how did it go. You and your ex." He asked you.

"You can call him by his name you know."

"But i don't know his name." Benedict looked confused. 

"Well, he is one of your best friends." You said, fiddling with the straps on your suitcase. "Tom Hiddleston." You said when the confused look didn't leave Benedict's face. 

"Really? He never even told me you two knew each other let alone were going out." He said, walking out onto the 9th floor corridor with you.

"Which room you in?" You asked as you opened the door second nearest to the lift. He pointed down the other end of the corridor about ten or eleven room away.

"Want to come in for tea?" You asked him, not really feeling up for being alone as you were afraid the only thing you would do is look through the pictures of you and Tom on your phone and cry. He nodded and walked into your hotel room after you and closed the door. 

"So how come your staying in this dump?" Benedict asked you, sitting on the edge of your small double bed. You explained how this was the first hotel that you saw after you had been driving around London for thirty minutes and didn't want to drive anymore. You put the kettle on and grabbed two of the four white mugs the hotel had left for you and rinsed them in the sink in the bathroom. "What about you?" You called to him.

"A cousins staying at my house." He called back. He quietened down when you walked back into the main room. "And he's really horrid to live with. I love him and everything but hes staying here for a month and after a week i just had to leave. I came here because the owners are childhood friends of mine. That and people don't really bother you because they don't really think that a celebrity would stay in somewhere as small and simple as this." He finished, taking the newly brewed cup of tea from you and thanking you for it.

You sat on the bed next to him and took a sip from your own tea. Your whole face screwed up you tasted it. You didn't realize that it was fruit tea. "You want two?" You asked him, putting the mug on the bedside table. He chuckled and took another sip from his own cup.

"Hey what time is it?" You asked him. There was no clock in your room and your phone was buried somewhere in your bag. Benedict looked at his watch and told you that it was nearly two. 

"Well, i have to be on set for Nightmare at six. How about we go get some lunch, then you come visit the set since your a big fan." Benedict almost choked on his tea when you suggested he visit the set.

"OK!" He replied excitedly. He gulped down the rest of his tea, took your mug from the bedside table and quickly washed them up before heading to the door. 

"Does this mean i get to know the plot for season 4?" He asked happily. You shook your head. "You wont actually watch us film, but you can be there for the rest of it and meet the cast." He bounced on his heels. 

"Well what if tell you about season four of Sherlock/" He negotiated. Once again you shook your head as you picked up your My chemical Romance rucksack and followed Benedict out the door. You both headed the lift together and pressed the button for the ground floor. 

"Whats that noise?"  Benedict said as the lift began to go down. You listened for a second before you realized it was your phone vibrating in your bag. You chucked the rucksack off your back and searched around until you found it. 

"Hey Erin." You greeted your older sister happily. You two had always been the close ones in your family. Having two older brothers, Graham and Adam, and two older sisters, Erin and Victoria, took up a lot of your parents time. Erin was the youngest besides you and took it upon herself to make sure you were always happy.

"I heard about you and Tom." She said sadly. You could here Lily-Mae, Erins four year old daughter, calling for Erin in the background.

"Yeah." You said slowly. The smile slipped from your face. You followed Benedict out from the lift and thanked him as he opened the door for you that led into the streets.

"I'll talk to you later. I'm going out for dinner with a friend." Benedict smiled at you as you said this. Evidently he still was a little star-struck around you, which you found extremely weird because you were a big fan of his. 

"Fine. Hold on Lily-mae." Erin said into the phone. "Love you."

"Love you too." You said to your older sister, before hanging up the phone and walking to a busy restaurant a few doors down.