Hospital

You woke to the sound of a constant and annoying beeping sound. You felt something around your mouth and nose. You slowly opened your eyes. You saw a... white ceiling? Your eyebrows creased in confusion... where were you? You twitched your fingers and you felt something clipped onto your finger. Were you in... Hospital? You turned your head, hoping to get some sort of answer. You saw Sherlock sitting beside you, and he seemed to not notice you moving. Why was he there, anyway?
"Sherlock?" You asked, but it came out muffled. Oxygen mask, you guessed, it would make sense. He turned to you,
"(Your Name)? You're awake?" Sherlock asked, sitting forward in his seat. You saw that there were a few empty cups of coffee or tea stood beside him on a table.
"What happened?" You asked, but, again, it came out muffled.
"Hm?" Sherlock asked, clearly not understanding what you said. You moved your hand to pull the mask from your face. You struggled a bit, weak from what happened earlier. Sherlock clearly saw your struggle, so he helped you by moving the mask off your face.
"Thanks." You said, taking in a deep breath, "What happened?" You asked, before slipping the mask back onto your face.
"Oh," Sherlock responded, "You fainted from lack of oxygen. You broke some of your ribs, and I think when you fell by the pool, you punctured your lung. It's surprising you stayed conscious as long as you did." He explained. You nodded, and you took the mask off your face again,
"That makes sense." You replied.
"What happened? How did you...?" Sherlock asked.
"I was hit by a... Van-thing. Car? Could have been a car." You debated. As far as you knew, the worst of the injuries were high up so... You couldn't keep track of your thoughts. Must have been the morphine.
"When?" Sherlock asked, obviously not liking your response.
"When I left 221B. You were yelling at the TV." You said, putting the mask back on.
"Moriarty?" Sherlock guessed, knowing what happened soon after. You nodded. Sherlock straightened in his seat. You could tell he was deep in thought, but got interrupted when John walked in, holding two cups of tea. John instantly noticed you were awake, and he put down the two cups and went to your side.
"(Your Name)!" He said happily.
"Hi." You replied through the mask, smiling.
"How're you feeling?" John asked. You raised a questioning eyebrow, and John nodded, "Yeah, not my best question. You feeling better though?"
"Yeah." You replied, nodding.
"Good." John said, before looking up at the machines attached to you, obviously checking to see if your stats were okay. You glanced at Sherlock, who wasn't saying anything as he sipped his drink. You took your mask off again,
"How's the tea?" You asked the two of them. John was about to answer when Sherlock stood up.
"John, I want to talk to you outside." Sherlock said. John looked at you, and you nodded,
"I'll be fine John." He nodded, before following Sherlock out of the room. You couldn't hear much other than 'Moriarty'. You assumed Sherlock was telling John what you had told him. You looked at the morphine button that you had been holding in your hand. The button's light indicated that you could have another does of morphine for the pain now, so you pressed the button, which beeped and the light changed to indicate you weren't allowed more now. You sighed and shifted uncomfortably in the bed before you heard Sherlock and John re-enter the room.

It was the next day- or the next next day, the medication made you uncertain- and Sherlock had spent a lot of time at your bedside, hardly leaving even to sleep apart from earlier in the day when John forced him back to 221B- Sherlock reasoning it with the one-word reply of 'bored'- and even then you weren't alone- Lestrade and Mrs Hudson had come to visit you, before leaving again to their busy day and John returning. You only had a few more days left in the hospital, you were healing only a slight bit slower than they had expected you to, and you had just began eating again. John had just left the room to answer a call, after he told you about anything interesting that happened on the news and on your favourite tv shows. Sherlock talked to you about crimes that appeared in the newspaper, and who the person who committed the crime was,
"It was, again, the butler. Nobody thought to look in his pocket." Sherlock said, pointing at the picture of the 'mystery' in the newspaper. You nodded, your mind was still not at it's best because unlike Sherlock, it seemed your mind was worse on morphine. John entered the room again.
"Mrs Hudson packed you a bag of some of your stuff. She forgot to bring it with her when she visited, so I'm going to pop by and get it for you. I shouldn't be too long." John said, you nodded.
"Thanks John." You replied before he left again. Sherlock went to sip from his drink, but discovered it was empty.
"I'm going to go get more tea. Do you want something?" Sherlock asked, standing up and straightening his slightly creased tshirt. You shook your head,
"No thanks." You responded. He nodded before turning and leaving with his empty coffee cup.