Chapter Two

Anyone see Magic Mike? That part where Mathew McConaughey is teaching Alex Pettyfer to dance! Yummy I want some of that!

Aunt Linda and I are standing in Lowes, trying to decide on how much paint we needed.

“So we are painting your room, and the kitchen. Because god knows I can’t live with the honey mustard yellow while I am eating, drinking, just walking through the room, and you know what I can’t handle it when I am sleeping either.” Aunt Linda’s voice carried and got louder at the end.

“Okay Aunt Linda I got it, you HATE the yellow” I answered back. Oh I like that color, I picked up the swatch and passed it over to the energy bunny from hell.

“I like it what do you think?” I said. Really right now any color would suffice because we had been here an hour and a half all ready.

“YAY! Max you found it, a perfect light blue almost white color!” she said jumping up and down like a two year old. I would say she looked childish doing so but much to my disliking she pulled it off gracefully in her flawless dancer’s body.

“So does that mean we can leave now….Please say yes… please say yes” I added the last bit just for theatrics while giving her my best puppy dog face.

“Come on before YOU get side tracked by the paint again” her light baby blue eyes rolled as she quickly pushed the cart full of paint and supplies to a self check out isle.

“What, huh no I don’t think so. You are not about to blame it all on me, I knew what colors I wanted I just couldn’t decide between the green and the…. Um… green” my voice quieted down once I realized it might have been my fault after all.

Ashton’s POV

Her eyes where unforgettable, the gold amber like orbs stared at me as I bullshit my way through the truth. I can’t believe she is really here, standing in front of me, alive and well.

Her stubbornness rolled off her in waves, as she put her right hand on her waist and cocking her head to the side a bit. She was daring me, all I really truly wanted to do was pull her into my arms and hold her but of course my egoistical attitude wouldn’t let me.

Besides she deserves it, that bitch left me and broke my heart a thousand ways till Sunday. She never told me, ever. And I hated her for it. If she would have just told me about everything then I would have been there for her. I would have fixed it.

“Ashton! Stop tickling me!” her 9 year old self giggling. Her face filled with happiness. Her smile was wide and bright with 2 teeth missing. We were in my backyard playing tag when I reached her and I started tickling her, I knew she hated it.

“Okay fine” I said with a huff and sat next to her while grabbing her tiny cold hand.

We were staring at the sky trying to make things out of the clouds when her mother called her for dinner.

“Maximina, Dinner Now!” she shouted sounding a tad off.

I saw her face turn into a frown and scowl appeared right afterwards. She was as easy to read as a picture book.

“Mina” I asked her. I could never pronounce Maximina (Max-a-Mina) so I just called her Mina.

“Ash” she said her sad little eyes looking at mine.

“Mina, is something wrong?” I asked concern clearly in my voice.

“Haha, of course not Ashton” her eyes looked back down at our hands then back up at me and smiled. She was lying and I knew it. Besides her smile didn’t reach her eyes

“Mina, I want you to know you can tell me anything, I mean it and I will fix it; I promise” I squeezed her hand and pulled it up to my lips and kissed it. She pulled her hand out of my grasp quickly and giggled her 9 year old laugh.

“Eww Ashton that is so gross” she said getting up as fast as lightening and bolted for her house.

“Bye Mina, I will see you later” I smiled and waved at her retreating form.

She never said anything and once she left she put my heart through the ringer. My parents only knew that her mother died and she was put into foster care.

I was sitting in my room when I heard loud music being blared, Hollywood Undead to be exact. Then a sweet melodic voice followed and so did a horrible couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket voice.

I slide out of my king sized bed and walked towards my balcony in which the distasteful and angelic voice was coming from. I pushed opened my French doors and stepped out into evening air, the sun wasn’t setting yet but the temperature had dropped a few degrees.

Looking across to Mina’s room I saw herself and a woman dancing around and singing. The floor was covered in newspaper and paint cans littered the room. Mina was holding a roller covered in black paint, she was painting the wall. She was wearing little black booty shorts that shouldn’t being seen during the daylight. Seeing her dressed like that gave me fantasy after fantasy. No snap out of it; you hate her, she hurt you. Who cares that she causes wet dreams.  The other women, who I had never met, had long luscious blonde hair and a body with curves in all the right places; all while being as skinny as a stick. She also was painting, but another wall and it seemed to be a bright neon green color.

The goddess voice was coming from the blonde women and the cat dying voice was coming from none other than my Mina. I mean Mina. The blonde woman was dancing around gracefully all while Mina was joking around; doing stupid dance moves. Mina wasn’t a bad dancer she just wasn’t anywhere near the blonde ballerina next to her.

Max’s POV

I woke up with a crick in my neck this morning, I have no doubt that it came from my sleeping on the couch last night. I awoke to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and rolled of the couch and hit the floor doing so. Aunt Linda just happened to walk out of the kitchen at that time and laugh her ass off, she was just wearing sweats and her hair pulled into her famous ballet bun.

“So I guess it is right into painting again huh?” I asked groggily well trying to work the pain from my rather sore neck.

“Yeah I was thinking about starting the primer for the kitchen, but first you need to take Baby for a walk. She already wants to explore the neighborhood.” She said handing me a cup of black coffee. I couldn’t drink that white stuff that she drinks, too watery for me.

“Okay but let me change, I am not about to prance around the neighborhood in my booty shorts.” I said walking towards the stairway, where all my boxes of crap was sitting in the hallway, waiting to be unpacked.

I grabbed the first thing on top of my box of clothes, a pair of white denim shorts and a bright blue lacy top that was a tad bit see threw. After I changed and did my deeds in the bathroom, I ventured into my freshly painted room.

I was in love with my walls, one wall was a solid black, another solid white and the last two were a neon green color.

I plan on painting a mural on the solid white wall, which I intend to start today and hopefully finish so I can put my bed together and then sleep on it!